Saturday, November 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Johns To Write New 'Shazam!' Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:09 pm

So... are they gonna call him Captain Marvel again? Because if not,I have no interest.

Also, the chest symbol looks stupid.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Chessack wrote:So... are they gonna call him Captain Marvel again? Because if not,I have no interest.

I'm in favor of a more accurate chest symbol; a hand holding a severed arm.

Clockwork_Fish

cheese

Postby Clockwork_Fish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:09 pm

They should be more careful on that roller-coaster. Keep your arms and legs inside the cart at all times, otherwise you might lose a - oh. :shock:

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:33 pm

Have the colors got the same meaning here as they do for the lanterns?

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 pm

1) They've been saying this for the past how many years now.

2) What is up with those lines on the costume and the open like space on the lightning bolt?

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Chessack wrote:So... are they gonna call him Captain Marvel again? Because if not,I have no interest.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who hates the chest symbol.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:30 am

They can't legally call him Captain Marvel anymore. That's why they had to change
his name.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:37 am

Those costumes look hideous

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:09 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
They can't legally call him Captain Marvel anymore. That's why they had to change
his name.

Not on the cover but inside comic they could have. That’s how it was back with Ordway’s Power of Shazam comic. They didn’t have to change his name. They just did. Don’t think any of that legal stuff has changed since.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:34 am

Bianco wrote:Those costumes look hideous

It seems like all DC knows how to do anymore is revamp good-looking older costumes to make them fugly.

Spacedog

Expert Post Whore

Postby Spacedog » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:11 am

Captain Marvel's original lightning bolt symbol is really cool and incredibly iconic.

Looks like needlessly and useless costume tweaks have become a tradition at DC. The New 52 may have ended, but its stupid stylistic elements continue to haunt us.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:50 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
his name.

As long as they don't give Freddy powers and call him CM3.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:19 pm

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:58 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:Have the colors got the same meaning here as they do for the Lanterns?

No.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:Not on the cover but inside comic they could have. That’s how it was back with Ordway’s Power of Shazam comic. They didn’t have to change his name. They just did. Don’t think any of that legal stuff has changed since.

True, but also factor in that since 1974 all toys and merchandising of Captain were also required to use the "Shazam!" label with little to zero mention of the name "Captain Marvel". Many of the non-comics-fans consumers were identifying him as "Shazam" instead of "Captain Marvel". So from the lucrative marketing and keeping-shit-consistent standpoints it made sense to stay with " Shazam".

leave a comment with facebook