Monday, June 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "This is not rocket science, people. Get a grip."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Just bought "The Man Who Laughs"...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:18 pm

Never read it, and I'm curious. Especially since it's written by Brubaker. I'm wary, though, because I haven't read a really good Joker story since The Killing Joke.

Except for Grant Morrison and Paul Dini, every writer treats the Joker like, well, a joke. Here's hoping I didn't just waste 20 bucks.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:18 pm

There's second thing I want badly after Captain Marvel Vol. 1 TP except I hate hardcovers.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:43 pm

john lewis wrote:There's second thing I want badly after Captain Marvel Vol. 1 TP except I hate hardcovers.
This was $19.99. Not a bad price for a hardcover.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:27 am

I picked it up too.

Haven't read it yet, though.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:46 am

How was it?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:46 am

i've heard its really good but haven't been able to track it down. have i really been missing out? :cry:

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:43 am

I got it when it came out, and it's a retelling of the first time Batman met the Joker. It's really good and I expect The Dark Knight takes a lot from it.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:i've heard its really good but haven't been able to track it down.

Amazon :wink:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:04 pm

i dont buy stuff off the internet. im one of those paranoid primitives that fears identity theft.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:25 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:i dont buy stuff off the internet. im one of those paranoid primitives that fears identity theft.
Yet you signed up here. MWAA-HA-HAAAA!!!!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:47 pm

john lewis wrote:Yet you signed up here. MWAA-HA-HAAAA!!!!
true BUT ITS YOUR CREDIT CARD # THEY HAVE.............NOT MINE!!

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:true BUT ITS YOUR CREDIT CARD # THEY HAVE.............NOT MINE!!
They? They work for me!!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:51 pm

or so you think :o

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:48 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:i've heard its really good but haven't been able to track it down. have i really been missing out? :cry:
Yes, you've been missing out. It was really good. Well worth the $20 I spent. That makes this the first Joker story I've enjoyed (and I mean REALLY enjoyed) since Alan Moore's take.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:38 am

Vic Mackey wrote:i dont buy stuff off the internet. im one of those paranoid primitives that fears identity theft.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

leave a comment with facebook