Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Just finished Hickman's FF run

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Well, that fell apart at the end. I mean why didn't it just end after the war of 4 cities? It just went on and on and aimlessly going till it's conclusion. Also future Val and Franklin are banging right? Because it feels like they bang.

It started out well and even FF had a great run but it felt like either book was not something you could read in a vacuum and there were other things going on in other books but there weren't were there? So yeah overall I give it a C+ for muddled and occasional flashes of brilliance with great to incredibly bad art.
User avatar

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:14 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Well, that fell apart at the end. I mean why didn't it just end after the war of 4 cities? It just went on and on and aimlessly going till it's conclusion. Also future Val and Franklin are banging right? Because it feels like they bang.

It started out well and even FF had a great run but it felt like either book was not something you could read in a vacuum and there were other things going on in other books but there weren't were there? So yeah overall I give it a C+ for muddled and occasional flashes of brilliance with great to incredibly bad art.


I wonder if we're going to feel the same way about Avengers/New Avengers after his story is finished. :|
User avatar

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
I wonder if we're going to feel the same way about Avengers/New Avengers after his story is finished. :|


Part of me wonders why they're double shipping Avengers. I'd rather have a consistent art team.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:23 pm

It didn't end after the war because there was around six months to go til Marvel Now and Hickman filler is more enjoyable than any other filler we'd be getting. I really enjoy the epilogue issues, and there's a lot of set-up for the Avengers being done there in AIM island and the Black Panther stuff. The issue with Old Ben Grimm was my favourite.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Zero wrote:It didn't end after the war because there was around six months to go til Marvel Now and Hickman filler is more enjoyable than any other filler we'd be getting. I really enjoy the epilogue issues, and there's a lot of set-up for the Avengers being done there in AIM island and the Black Panther stuff. The issue with Old Ben Grimm was my favourite.


See that's where you're wrong. Filler issue is filler is mostly crap.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
I wonder if we're going to feel the same way about Avengers/New Avengers after his story is finished. :|


Yeah in the middle of the war I grabbed all of Avengers which I dropped after the 3rd issue to give another chance and I don't know if I can handle "New" but now I'm wondering if I should bother with Avengers.
User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:30 pm

The issues about Reed seeing Ben Grimm's future was a really great one and done comic. I am admittedly biased but I thought it was one of the best issues of his whole run.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:42 pm

Jack Burton wrote:The issues about Reed seeing Ben Grimm's future was a really great one and done comic. I am admittedly biased but I thought it was one of the best issues of his whole run.


no it was a really good issue and could have ended the run there.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 pm

The filler issues were fine. They tied up loose ends and set up the Avengers stuff.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Honestly the only issues that weren't necessary were the Ben Grimm story we all love and the Willie Lumpkin's cancer issue that was only OK. Needed more Bentley.

The Nu-World issue would have been nice to do without, but we needed closure on all those terrible nu-world stories scattered through the run. Ugh.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Nu-World was from Millar's run, was it not?

The Nazi Reed was one of my favs.
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:I wonder if we're going to feel the same way about Avengers/New Avengers after his story is finished. :|

I feel it now.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Keb wrote:Nu-World was from Millar's run, was it not?

The Nazi Reed was one of my favs.


Yeah I didn't read that so I was pretty lost, I would've liked to see more of the other reed stories.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:41 pm

guitarsmashley wrote: Also future Val and Franklin are banging right? Because it feels like they bang.


Wait. Seriously ?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 pm

I personally felt the issues written after he finished off his big epic story were the best ones he did. Much more enjoyable.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 93 guests