Saturday, July 21, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Just finished the Walking Dead vol 8

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:12 am

KSChris wrote:I don't think anyone is safe in this book at this point. Not even Rick.

After what Kirkman pulled in #48, I honestly wouldn't put it past him to kill Rick off and introduce a new hero. Maybe even fast forward the book 7 or 8 years, and have a teenaged Carl as the new hero.

Oh Rick is fucked man, completely boned. I'd give him another 8 to 10 issues, then he's dead man and Carl takes the lead with Michonne being his go-to-person. That's my prediction.

The jump forward to teenaged carl might be a bit much though, i think it would kinda spoil the feel the book has going, the each day is fight for survival thing.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 am

John Q. wrote:Oh Rick is fucked man, completely boned. I'd give him another 8 to 10 issues, then he's dead man and Carl takes the lead with Michonne being his go-to-person. That's my prediction.

The jump forward to teenaged carl might be a bit much though, i think it would kinda spoil the feel the book has going, the each day is fight for survival thing.

I think a jump could be good.. would show that things aren't going to get better anytime soon, and could toughen Carl up.

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:16 am

KSChris wrote:I think a jump could be good.. would show that things aren't going to get better anytime soon, and could toughen Carl up.

Yeah, maybe, but i'd hate to see anything disturb the flow of the book, Kirkman's built up quite a momentum on the plot with all the stuff that's happened recently.

Carl is toughening up a lot at the moment as it is (mentally, that is), i think Rick's death will be the thing that caps off that particular process.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:18 am

John Q. wrote:Carl is toughening up a lot at the moment as it is (mentally, that is)

I don't think he is.. it's all been an act. That was evident when Rick was sick, right after escaping the prison.

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:17 pm

I bet the people who read this as single issues are all laughing at us trade readers, just itching to spoil us on all the messed up stuff that happens.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:07 pm

eypcrew2 wrote:I bet the people who read this as single issues are all laughing at us trade readers, just itching to spoil us on all the messed up stuff that happens.

I'm a trade reader, but I picked up #43-current because I didn't want to wait to see what happens with the battle..

But I'll be going back to trade now.

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:32 am

eypcrew2 wrote:I bet the people who read this as single issues are all laughing at us trade readers, just itching to spoil us on all the messed up stuff that happens.
Yeah, I was going to warn you because some people here are talking about Vol 8, which I think goes up to #48, and some people are going beyond that to #52 or #53.

And I can't stess enough how much it sucks getting this series in singles. There were several books in a row which I finished in LESS than 5 minutes.

Bob_at_york

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Bob_at_york » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am

I remember before the "No one is safe" started, I was convinced that Rick was going to die because he was never suppose to survive this long. I have read an article that has Kirkman saying that Rick was suppose to die early in the series. One of the other male characters was suppose to the be "lead". What would be interesting is if no matter what happens to Rick, somebody else leads any way. I am not sure if Rick could make decisions for a group after what happened with the crew.

Oh and I am against the jump forward to teenage Carl.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:25 am

I've just switched to singles, too and I'm not holding back with the spoilers now! That was the whole point of getting them as they come out, so I can finally join in these conversations.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:33 am

Carl bones Michonne in #53!! :shock:

It gets better after #48, kids.

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:09 pm

PDH wrote:I've just switched to singles, too and I'm not holding back with the spoilers now! That was the whole point of getting them as they come out, so I can finally join in these conversations.
You went past Vol 8 so you could join in on the conversation about Vol 8?

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:32 pm

D wrote:You went past Vol 8 so you could join in on the conversation about Vol 8?

I stopped following it in trades so that I could join in ANY conversations about TWD in general without being spoiled.

I came here to spoil it for other people. :twisted:

leave a comment with facebook