Thursday, September 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Manufacturing outrage since 2006."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Just finished the Walking Dead vol 8

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Jesus christ that was fucked up. I don't know if I can keep reading this.

Big Dog

Flying Mongoose

Postby Big Dog » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Take solace in knowing that no one is safe...and volume 8 prooves it!

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:20 am

yeah, I read that about a month ago and finished it with my jaw on the floor. No way did I see that coming!

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Neither did I!!! I'm hoping there aren't as many awful horrible brutal deaths in vol nine.

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:24 pm

Ok.. I've had the backissues for a while, but only just now got around to reading them.

#48.. what. the. fuck.

Jesus effin Christ, what a brutal issue. :shock:

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:42 pm

KSChris wrote:Ok.. I've had the backissues for a while, but only just now got around to reading them.

#48.. what. the. fuck.

Jesus effin Christ, what a brutal issue. :shock:

No shit. It's unrelenting.

D

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:03 am

I never should've made the switch from trades to singles. I bet reading the trade felt like an awesome kick to the stomach. The single issues with their delays and 5 minute reading times are killing me.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:24 am

D wrote:I never should've made the switch from trades to singles. I bet reading the trade felt like an awesome kick to the stomach. The single issues with their delays and 5 minute reading times are killing me.

reading it in trades does have a pretty powerful impact, and I can see what your saying. The down side on this end is that I have to avoid spoilers (or threads completely), and have to wait for what seems like an eterinity for the next trade to come out.

Still, it's probably worth it.

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:07 am

starlord wrote:reading it in trades does have a pretty powerful impact, and I can see what your saying. The down side on this end is that I have to avoid spoilers (or threads completely), and have to wait for what seems like an eterinity for the next trade to come out.

Still, it's probably worth it.

I couldn't see reading this series in single issue. The trades are so freaking epic. I don't think I could deal with the suspense.

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:23 am

eypcrew2 wrote:I couldn't see reading this series in single issue. The trades are so freaking epic. I don't think I could deal with the suspense.

It reads fantastically in trades, but now that i've caught up i'm reading dl'd singles as they appear and just gonna buy the trades when they come out.

I recently re-read the whole thing from the start, and when you get to 48, man it nearly kills you... It's like losing friends.

lancer_man

Expert Post Whore

Postby lancer_man » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 am

When this came out I read it on the train home from work. When I got home I just wanted to take a shower and then sit quietly for a while. It was just brutal.

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:56 pm

John Q. wrote:It reads fantastically in trades, but now that i've caught up i'm reading dl'd singles as they appear and just gonna buy the trades when they come out.

I recently re-read the whole thing from the start, and when you get to 48, man it nearly kills you... It's like losing friends.

I started reading it right before vol 6 came out in trade and I have consistently found myself asking, how much worse could things possibly get for these people.

That has to be a turning point right there, there is no way things could possibly go downhill from there, I really don't think I can handle it.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm

eypcrew2 wrote:I started reading it right before vol 6 came out in trade and I have consistently found myself asking, how much worse could things possibly get for these people.

That has to be a turning point right there, there is no way things could possibly go downhill from there, I really don't think I can handle it.

I refuse to say or think that because I don't want to curse Rick. :(

Wally Brando

Rain Partier

Postby Wally Brando » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:10 pm

I don't think anyone is safe in this book at this point. Not even Rick.

After what Kirkman pulled in #48, I honestly wouldn't put it past him to kill Rick off and introduce a new hero. Maybe even fast forward the book 7 or 8 years, and have a teenaged Carl as the new hero.

eyp

Fagorstorm

Postby eyp » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:12 pm

KSChris wrote:I don't think anyone is safe in this book at this point. Not even Rick.

After what Kirkman pulled in #48, I honestly wouldn't put it past him to kill Rick off and introduce a new hero. Maybe even fast forward the book 7 or 8 years, and have a teenaged Carl as the new hero.

I really can't see where else it's going, maybe have them head north or something? The fast forward makes sense.

leave a comment with facebook