Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Justice League #9 (Get really upset Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon May 21, 2012 8:43 am

A pretty average issue of Justice League, the only thing in the main story that really interests me is the new villain and his taking down Steve Trevor. It’s pretty brave of Johns really to use a new villain, I’m sure most JL fans would have expected him to just bring back slightly altered versions of all the classics like Amazo and Despero and Kanjar Ro, but no, he’s doing something new, which for a writer who too often looks back to the past, is admirable. Graves seems like an interesting character so far, and I’m looking forward to seeing what he looks like properly. The little vignettes with each League member were only OK, I liked the Flash trying and failing to be bad cop a lot, Barry Allen has probably been the best part of this run. Where was Aquaman though? Why doesn’t he get a flashback? Jim Lee’s art was as you’d expect, on the action splash pages it’s breathtaking, especially the shot of Superman and Batman in Arkham. The quieter scenes are a bit more problematic though, he’s not suited to the small stuff is he? The Shazam! back-up continues to be better than most people on the internet claim, it’s clear that Billy Batson is actually still a good person deep down, now, and I like that it’s taking it’s time, when Billy finally becomes Captain Marvel, it’s going to be awesome.
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I dunno, it smells like he's going through Waid's laundry with the Tower of Babel/JLA Year One confidential info is used to betray the team scenario. Hell, even Snapper Carr showed the Joker where the Cave was. I'd much rather read Aquaman and his other league chase down Black Manta than this league and Graves. Sullen, mopey Clark Kent disgusts me to no end and all the Bromance Banter is tedious and boring.

I can't believe I pay $3.99 for an eight page back-up feature. But I do cause it's worth it. As you said, the internet couldn't be more wrong! Billy Batson is the greatest! Johns has gone to all the best wells, Fawcett's feisty Billy-Boy, Ordway's indelible link to Black Adam, the Serial's mystic temple setting, and combined it with a new approach with the Family unit.

Billy doesn't mope around waiting around to be picked last for sports. He's too busy beating up bullies. Shazam gets to be cooler than Superman, as it should be. I can't wait till those two rematch in the future, Billy won't have to lose anymore.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Mon May 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Ntikrst wrote:I dunno, it smells like he's going through Waid's laundry with the Tower of Babel/JLA Year One confidential info is used to betray the team scenario. Hell, even Snapper Carr showed the Joker where the Cave was. I'd much rather read Aquaman and his other league chase down Black Manta than this league and Graves. Sullen, mopey Clark Kent disgusts me to no end and all the Bromance Banter is tedious and boring.

I can't believe I pay $3.99 for an eight page back-up feature. But I do cause it's worth it. As you said, the internet couldn't be more wrong! Billy Batson is the greatest! Johns has gone to all the best wells, Fawcett's feisty Billy-Boy, Ordway's indelible link to Black Adam, the Serial's mystic temple setting, and combined it with a new approach with the Family unit.

Billy doesn't mope around waiting around to be picked last for sports. He's too busy beating up bullies. Shazam gets to be cooler than Superman, as it should be. I can't wait till those two rematch in the future, Billy won't have to lose anymore.


Why DC feels the need to make Clark Kent an utter worthless pu$$y I'll never know.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 am

The Nacireman wrote:
Why DC feels the need to make Clark Kent an utter worthless pu$$y I'll never know.


Tradition? Ask Siegel and Shuster why.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 22, 2012 9:02 am

Punchy wrote:
Tradition? Ask Siegel and Shuster why.


The last two versions of Clark have been bigger pu$$ies than anything S&S could have come up with.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue May 22, 2012 9:21 am

The Nacireman wrote:
The last two versions of Clark have been bigger pu$$ies than anything S&S could have come up with.


Are they? When was the last time Clark Kent fainted?
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue May 22, 2012 9:46 am

The fact that anyone would call this "average", truly indicates just how abominable this title has become.

If it wasn't DC's golden boy writing the title it would already be up on the chopping block.

A's usual the backup is to terrible to even comment on.

Hab
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 22, 2012 9:56 am

Punchy wrote:
Are they? When was the last time Clark Kent fainted?


I remember the last time Clark whimped off after being c*ckblocked by the guy Lois was banging. That's close enough.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 am

The Nacireman wrote:
I remember the last time Clark whimped off after being c*ckblocked by the guy Lois was banging. That's close enough.


No it's not.

I really don't think you understand Superman at all.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:29 am

I thought this one issue was better than the first 8 combined :lol:
Take that as you will.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue May 22, 2012 11:02 am

The Nacireman wrote:
I remember the last time Clark whimped off after being c*ckblocked by the guy Lois was banging. That's close enough.


Well he's been married to her for the better part of a decade so it's not like anyone would have been cockblocking him recently.
User avatar

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Tue May 22, 2012 12:25 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Why DC feels the need to make Clark Kent an utter worthless pu$$y I'll never know.


Pandering to the worthless pu$$y demographic I imagine. I'd blame SV fans, but even Welling didn't seem this pathetic.

Punchy wrote:
Are they? When was the last time Clark Kent fainted?


Just before COIE, Clark was dating Lana and punching out Steve Lombard. So if you want to go back to in continuity fainting spell you'd have to go back to the late 70's.
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Tue May 22, 2012 12:31 pm

habitual wrote:The fact that anyone would call this "average", truly indicates just how abominable this title has become.

If it wasn't DC's golden boy writing the title it would already be up on the chopping block.


THIS.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 22, 2012 12:39 pm

Punchy wrote:
No it's not.

I really don't think you understand Superman at all.


I understand the last time Superman was actually relevant, which was the Man of Steel Era. When Clark Kent actually was a well-adjusted person socially.
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Pandering to the worthless pu$$y demographic I imagine. I'd blame SV fans, but even Welling didn't seem this pathetic.


Exactly. Even Welling's Clark was more of a man than pu$$y Clark.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests