Advertisement

Justice League #22 (I just knocked down Superman Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 453 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Justice League #22 (I just knocked down Superman Spoiler

Postby e_galston » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:41 pm

Punchy wrote:Has Herald freaked out yet about Dr Arthur Light being married to Kimiyo Hoshi in the New 52 yet?

:groucho:

wouldn't necessarily say "freaked out" but herald has commented on it yes...

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 596 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Punchy wrote:Has Herald freaked out yet about Dr Arthur Light being married to Kimiyo Hoshi in the New 52 yet?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/12/is-the-first-dr-light-married-to-the-second/

It's not the 'real' Kimiyo. :lol:
-

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm

When did Black Adam die? What happened?

Thank you Troy for the sig

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Stephen Day wrote:When did Black Adam die? What happened?

In Justice League #21. Billy tricked him into returning to human form, and he crumbled into dust.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:14 pm

Punchy wrote:
In Justice League #21. Billy tricked him into returning to human form, and he crumbled into dust.

Ah OK, thanks. :)

Thank you Troy for the sig

The Beast
cheese

Liked in: 100 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator

Postby The Beast » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:02 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Thank you for the warning. Let me return the favor: the next time you decide to "blow off some steam" by going on a multi-thread rampage like the one last night, you won't be posting here any more.

I'm fully aware of the consequences of my actions, frankly the internet is starting to get a bit stale with all the DC bashing. It's not just here, everywhere you go there's a concentrated effort of purists(trolls) determined to sabotage DC with their incessant complaints. I get it, I was pissed with Morrison's Action Comics run but I stopped buying it and moved on. We're coming up on 2 years and these clowns are still going on as if there's hope DC is going to go back to where they worked so hard to get away from.

Bah

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 am

outsider wrote:"Bah" is pretty damn funny, though. :lol:

What does your username mean? Is it a play on "twisted knickers"?

I like Bah too, it suits my personality.

Bah

chap22 wrote:I've always assumed it was "anti-Christ". :-D

Aha, no surprise there that Chap's right again. :D

It's from the title of my first comic book, coming soon...
Last edited by The Beast on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 252 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:23 am

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/12/is-the-first-dr-light-married-to-the-second/

Probably the best thing I've seen from DC since they started this new shit.

The Beast
cheese

Postby The Beast » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:30 am

Grayson wrote:
It's not that I want flawless role models, it's just that I do want a variety of heroes who I can read about at my leisure. As you say, you want DC's properties to be handled like Marvel and that's great for you. Currently I am reading more Marvel than anything else and I can safely say that if I want to read a Marvel book, I have plenty of options to choose from. Personally, I like having the option of also reading DC books that give the reader a different take on superheroes and the world that they inhabit. I don't want all of my DC books to be more like my Marvel books because I am already reading my Marvel books. If every superhero acted the same way and every book had the same tone, comics would be a very bland and boring medium.

That's an absurd generalization. I see plenty of diversity within Marvel right now as well as within DC. I can understand you want more diversity in comics but so many more people don't want the harmless tone of all ages appeal. I never have, I'm one of those kids who didn't read DC because it was for babies. I read Marvel and listened to AC/DC like my older brother did. It wasn't until things like CoIE and DKR and MoS that I got interested in what DC had to offer.

I dropped DC after FC with little or no regrets and waited five years to check out DC again. Nu 52 is much better than pre-Flashpoint except for all the butthurt from fans who still can't get over it. I don't know if that's you, per se but I was meaning to ask you if you've read JL #22?

Bah

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 577 posts

Postby HNutz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 am

It WOULD explain the shared last name... ;)

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:08 am

Stephen Day wrote:When did Black Adam die? What happened?

He read the updated version of Captain Marvel and it killed him.

Hab

ps It's nice having an acolyte, if he can stfu and do what he's told it'll be even better!

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:07 am

Ntikrst wrote:
I'm fully aware of the consequences of my actions, frankly the internet is starting to get a bit stale with all the DC bashing. It's not just here, everywhere you go there's a concentrated effort of purists(trolls) determined to sabotage DC with their incessant complaints. I get it, I was pissed with Morrison's Action Comics run but I stopped buying it and moved on. We're coming up on 2 years and these clowns are still going on as if there's hope DC is going to go back to where they worked so hard to get away from.

Bah

This is just a question based out of curiosity alone...do you think that there is a lot of quality in the NuDC?

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 140 posts

Postby dairydead » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:10 am

alaska1125 wrote:
This is just a question based out of curiosity alone...do you think that there is a lot of quality in the NuDC?

I think we can drop the "Nu" label already. If there is a dorkier way of describing a comic book, please tell me

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:16 am

dairydead wrote:
I think we can drop the "Nu" label already. If there is a dorkier way of describing a comic book, please tell me

Uh...Ok...odd trigger point, but whatever. Current DC?

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:29 am

I'd say within the last 4-6 months...yes. The Superman books have finally come around, the main Batman titles are still pretty good, JL has FINALLY turned a corner, Wonder Woman's good as ever, Flash is still solid, and books like Suicide Squad (yes, I realize the creative change is unsettling, but I have faith in Kindt), Earth 2, Swamp Thing, and Animal Man add a little variety.

I think it's a good foundation for the current line. I wish there were more quirky titles, but since DC seems to be hiring more indie writers, that wish may come true...as long as there's less interference. At this point, it's senseless to compare the New 52 to the last iteration, since that world isn't about to come back anytime soon. I hope they leave that world in the past and move forward with the world they have, flaws and all, and just make it work.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand