Monday, May 30, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Justice League #8

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Herald wrote:
Robinson's run is definitely worse than even Johns's crap.
As a fan of the female Dr. Light, the Blackest Night tie-ins are an ABOMINATION.

i liked 'em. don't care.

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

chap22 wrote:I have yet to read a scene, much less an issue, of this JL run that i thought was well-written or interesting. it is brutally awful.

Disappointed there were no Legionnaires or gorillas riding dinosaurs?

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:04 pm

I agree with Chap, it's even worse than Robinson's run, and I didn't think that would be possible in my lifetime.

Hab

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Miracloman wrote:
I thought you of all people would love the Dr. Light centric story.

:smt064

Not when it's that poorly written, by the likes of "JUSTICE!" Robinson. :x

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:09 pm

chap22 wrote:i liked 'em. don't care.

Easy to like something like that when you have no prior understanding of the character.
And are willing to tolerate Rape as Redemption.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Miracloman wrote:

Disappointed there were no Legionnaires or gorillas riding dinosaurs?

that would actually be a step up from Green Douchebag, a page of exposition explaining how iBorg piggybacks boom tubes, Ollie and Steve Trevor actually calling Ollie a "social conscience" without a hint of irony or reservation, the League flattening a cadre of Talons in a page and a half to COMPLETELY undercut Snyder's big Bat-event and destroy some necessary conceits in a shared universe, Amazo getting demolished off-panel, and whatever that ridiculousness with J'onn at the end was.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Herald wrote:
Easy to like something like that when you have no prior understanding of the character.
And are willing to tolerate Rape as Redemption.

i liked 'em. don't care.

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:29 pm

habitual wrote:I agree with Chap, it's even worse than Robinson's run, and I didn't think that would be possible in my lifetime.

Hab

You are fairly young,so you may still get to see worse.

SilverPhoenix

Staff Writer

Postby SilverPhoenix » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Dragavon wrote:I wouldn't go that far, counselor. Meltzer and Robinson runs were so shitty that they were probably worse than this crap.

I most certainly would. At least Meltzer's first issues had quite of bit of excitement to them and Robinson had Dick and Donna leading the league. Both of those things are better than the bargain basement, lowest common denominator, Big/Super 7 douchebag elitist club "comic" that makes the Beverly Hills Teens look humble.

But you know makes this worse. The fact that this is written by the Chief Creative Officer. At least McDuffie had a damn good excuse for his comic being underwhelming (I wouldn't say bad, because his "kooky quartet" was some of the best stuff of the last volume (which doesn't include Morrison or Waid's stuff, natch). Geoff Johns is one of the key bearers of the mess that is DCnU continuity. He literally has no excuse for this comic.

And to make it worse than that.... This might have been the best issue of his run so far.

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:49 am

chap22 wrote:that would actually be a step up from Green Douchebag, a page of exposition explaining how iBorg piggybacks boom tubes, Ollie and Steve Trevor actually calling Ollie a "social conscience" without a hint of irony or reservation, the League flattening a cadre of Talons in a page and a half to COMPLETELY undercut Snyder's big Bat-event and destroy some necessary conceits in a shared universe, Amazo getting demolished off-panel, and whatever that ridiculousness with J'onn at the end was.

If only there were a way to send this message back in time to the "Chap" from a few years back. :lol:

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:38 am

The thing is, while it's obvious that Johns is going somewhere with this and that the big changes hinted at for #12 will involve the JL learning humility of some kind, it's being handled really badly (and on top of that, if you're going to relaunch your heroic universe, the last thing you want to do is make the flagship team of icons look like a bunch of dicks).

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:57 am

nietoperz wrote:The thing is, while it's obvious that Johns is going somewhere with this and that the big changes hinted at for #12 will involve the JL learning humility of some kind, it's being handled really badly (and on top of that, if you're going to relaunch your heroic universe, the last thing you want to do is make the flagship team of icons look like a bunch of dicks).

Maybe it's the DiCk Universe?

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:26 am

This is some bad, bad stuff. But o way is it worse than Robinson's League. That was so, so bad it made my eyes bleed. This is some horrible version of the "Big Seven", I'll agree. But it ain't Congorilla, so points for that.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 am

chap22 wrote:that would actually be a step up from Green Douchebag, a page of exposition explaining how iBorg piggybacks boom tubes, Ollie and Steve Trevor actually calling Ollie a "social conscience" without a hint of irony or reservation, the League flattening a cadre of Talons in a page and a half to COMPLETELY undercut Snyder's big Bat-event and destroy some necessary conceits in a shared universe, Amazo getting demolished off-panel, and whatever that ridiculousness with J'onn at the end was.

And you're shocked by this? Mark Waid sure as h3ll isn't.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:13 am

chap22 wrote:goddamn Meltzer and McDuffie and Robinson did better jobs than this shit. just terrible.

That horrible run where Chris Claremont and Byrne had Superman become a vampire, not kidding that happened, was better then this shit.

leave a comment with facebook