Friday, May 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Karen Berger Steps down as head of Vertigo

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Log-Man wrote:
You had a doubt? Are you new to the world of fandoms?

It's no felt uterus, but it was pretty inevitable.

Oh no!

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Stalzer2002 wrote:
In the three years since the Didiot was promoted, the DCU has taken all of the company owned characters from Vertigo. They've changed the creator owned contracts to take more of the rights for themselves, discouraging new creator owned books. They've curtailed OGN production. The monthly line has been reduced to a third of its former size and several editors have been fired. Berger herself no longer reports directly to the publisher, but has been demoted to reporting to the Editor in Chief.

If she got a better job elsewhere or wants to move on, it is because of a toxic work environment created by Dan Didio and the rest of management in order to push her out the door.

Wouldn't be the first dumbass move that Didio pulled. Please tell me why DC hasn't fired this jackass yet?

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Geoff Johns likes him.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 pm

nietoperz wrote:
Prior to that she had been a DC editor for ten years or so.

You know, I'm a DC guy - but there's only so far one can make excuses for their recent, post-Levitz behaviour. I know you like to take their side, but sometimes wrong is simply wrong.

Well said, DC is taking too many wrong decisions lately.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 pm

habitual wrote:
At this point I think Dan Didio could take a dump in a shoe box and we would find you pouring sugar all over it and telling us what a great move for DC it was.

Hab

Did I even mention his fucking name ? Did I say it was a great move on DC's part ? NO :lol:
What I clearly said in a post after that was that if she was back-stabbed then folks should publicly say something.
What I meant by my first post was maybe .. just maybe .. she had another, hopefully positive, reason to leave.
Excuse me for not jumping on the villagers-with-torches bandwagon around here.

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy. :P

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:41 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Did I even mention his fucking name ? Did I say it was a great move on DC's part ? NO :lol:
What I clearly said in a post after that was that if she was back-stabbed then folks should publicly say something.
What I meant by my first post was maybe .. just maybe .. she had another, hopefully positive, reason to leave.

Half full glasses do not bode well for Vertigo.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 pm

The Bass wrote:Geoff Johns likes him.

Geoff Johns is obviously in the minority then.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:46 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Half full glasses do not bode well for Vertigo.

Half full "Before Watchmen" branded glasses?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Maybe Debbie should be the new Outhouser Site Mascot :lol:

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm

draco x wrote:
Wouldn't be the first dumbass move that Didio pulled. Please tell me why DC hasn't fired this jackass yet?

Sales differ from internet reaction. :smt102

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:15 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Hab

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Some people in this thread need to calm down and relax. Its only comics.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm

The Bass wrote:Some people in this thread need to calm down and relax. Its only comics.

But these are peoples jobs we're talking about.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:05 pm

The Bass wrote:Some people in this thread need to calm down and relax. Its only comics.

the irony in this post. :lol:

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:09 pm

doombug wrote:the irony in this post. :lol:

you smelled it too? :lol:

leave a comment with facebook