Wednesday, May 4, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Karen Berger Steps down as head of Vertigo

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

The Bass wrote:I still haven't gotten an explanation for why, because I don;t like Bob Kirkman and Image's Business model, I'm "obviously" a troll, or a "performance poster". Someone PLEASE help me out here, and you might get a conversation out of me.

Regardless of what others say here, I do appreciate the fact that you do know how to keep a thread going.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm

The Bass wrote:I still haven't gotten an explanation for why, because I don;t like Bob Kirkman and Image's Business model, I'm "obviously" a troll, or a "performance poster". Someone PLEASE help me out here, and you might get a conversation out of me.

Because people think that if you disagree with them you must be joking. It's narcissism.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
no, there is no doubt that bass is a male who doesn't have sex. Also I wouldn't call what he says as thoughts since they are so out of left field.

A male who doesn't have sex, the Bass must be the new me? A MRIRTE?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Everything you try to accuse Kirkman for, you're seemingly praising Mignola and Dark Horse for by reading their product.

Not to mention you're constantly harping on how anyone could possibly want to do anything creator owned or dare use their own ideas but once again, that's exactly what Hellboy and the BPRD are.

So your whole argument that you used against Image is immediately thrown out the window the second you praise any IP through Dark Horse.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm

My reasons are because of your constant insistence that creators are "fired" when they leave a book or that detective comics is the "head Batman book" really it's because your a grade A mother fucker at all times.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

The "Fat Bob" meme alone keeps me amused, but I'm a simple soul. :-D

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
no, there is no doubt that bass is a male who doesn't have sex.

Sadly, this is true.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Coincidentally, hours before I heard the news about Karen Berger, I had written about Swamp Thing, emphasizing the role of Berger as an editor. Back then, Vertigo didn’t exist, but she still fought hard to have Saga of the Swamp Thing published without the seal of approval of the Comics Code Authority. Almost 30 years ago she was already fighting against censorship and helping creators do what they do best: create in freedom. Surely, her absence will have major repercussions in the American comic book industry and perhaps Vertigo will disappear as an independent imprint. Either way, I’m terribly sad and concerned about all of this. More about this here: http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2012/12/ ... nlace.html

leave a comment with facebook