Advertisement

Karen Berger Steps down as head of Vertigo

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 382 posts

Re: Karen Berger Steps down as head of Vertigo

Postby Draco x » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm

The Bass wrote:I still haven't gotten an explanation for why, because I don;t like Bob Kirkman and Image's Business model, I'm "obviously" a troll, or a "performance poster". Someone PLEASE help me out here, and you might get a conversation out of me.

Regardless of what others say here, I do appreciate the fact that you do know how to keep a thread going.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 951 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm

The Bass wrote:I still haven't gotten an explanation for why, because I don;t like Bob Kirkman and Image's Business model, I'm "obviously" a troll, or a "performance poster". Someone PLEASE help me out here, and you might get a conversation out of me.

Because people think that if you disagree with them you must be joking. It's narcissism.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:31 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
no, there is no doubt that bass is a male who doesn't have sex. Also I wouldn't call what he says as thoughts since they are so out of left field.

A male who doesn't have sex, the Bass must be the new me? A MRIRTE?

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:03 pm

Everything you try to accuse Kirkman for, you're seemingly praising Mignola and Dark Horse for by reading their product.

Not to mention you're constantly harping on how anyone could possibly want to do anything creator owned or dare use their own ideas but once again, that's exactly what Hellboy and the BPRD are.

So your whole argument that you used against Image is immediately thrown out the window the second you praise any IP through Dark Horse.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm

My reasons are because of your constant insistence that creators are "fired" when they leave a book or that detective comics is the "head Batman book" really it's because your a grade A mother fucker at all times.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 147 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 pm

The "Fat Bob" meme alone keeps me amused, but I'm a simple soul. :-D

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby The Bass » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
no, there is no doubt that bass is a male who doesn't have sex.

Sadly, this is true.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Coincidentally, hours before I heard the news about Karen Berger, I had written about Swamp Thing, emphasizing the role of Berger as an editor. Back then, Vertigo didn’t exist, but she still fought hard to have Saga of the Swamp Thing published without the seal of approval of the Comics Code Authority. Almost 30 years ago she was already fighting against censorship and helping creators do what they do best: create in freedom. Surely, her absence will have major repercussions in the American comic book industry and perhaps Vertigo will disappear as an independent imprint. Either way, I’m terribly sad and concerned about all of this. More about this here: http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2012/12/ ... nlace.html

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand