Advertisement

Keith Giffen To Revamp “Legion Of Super Heroes”.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 187 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Re: Keith Giffen To Revamp “Legion Of Super Heroes”.

Postby Herald » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:12 pm

habitual wrote:
I can't count.

This is all your previous post means.

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 115 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Herald wrote:
This is all your previous post means.

Nah.

Hab

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Going out on a limb here, but I bet this will be awful like every Legion book I've ever read.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:44 pm

habitual wrote:
It had how many books that were close to Legion sales.

How many events did the Legion generate vs. Marvel Cosmic, you're down three in that category as well. Comparing DC's cosmic line to Marvel's over the past 7-8 years is automatic failure.

You need Giffen, just accept it and move on (I know that's impossible though because every other poster in this thread is saying it)

Hab

First you're comparing a single comic book to an series of events that featured a group of diverse characters from around the MU. And out side of the central event title, the spin-offs didn't catch the world on fire.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 115 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:47 am

The Nacireman wrote:
First you're comparing a single comic book to an series of events that featured a group of diverse characters from around the MU. And out side of the central event title, the spin-offs didn't catch the world on fire.

And secondly I'm stating how well done it was and how well received it was.

The Legion should be so lucky.

Hab

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby UnionJack » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:03 am

I generally agree with Nacireman on things Legion.
I had dropped LSH (along with many other NU52 titles that I'm now giving a second chance) but will start buying again. Scott Kolins brief tenure peaked my interest & I do like Giffen's art. Just keep him away from writing - don't want anymore of that 5YG shit that was the start of the Legion's decline.
Not sure how big a readership draw Giffen is nowadays though....

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 am

UnionJack wrote:I generally agree with Nacireman on things Legion.
I had dropped LSH (along with many other NU52 titles that I'm now giving a second chance) but will start buying again. Scott Kolins brief tenure peaked my interest & I do like Giffen's art. Just keep him away from writing - don't want anymore of that 5YG shit that was the start of the Legion's decline.
Not sure how big a readership draw Giffen is nowadays though....

Bingo.

Giffen is the main person responsible for how the Legion got messed up in the first place. FYG. by going "grim and gritty" removed a few of the prime things that made the Legion work in the first place.

The Legion needs to be fixed. Not shattered into a million little pieces again.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:26 am

Giffen has said they want the Legion to be fun again so here's hoping they get a good balance.
Hope he doesn't mean 'fun' in the JL sense.....

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:27 am

"Five Years Later" was 24 years ago.

24 years ago.

Legion hasn't been readable in 24 years, yet you are still reading it. Don't you see how psychotic that is?

:smt102

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Log-Man wrote:"Five Years Later" was 24 years ago.

24 years ago.

Legion hasn't been readable in 24 years, yet you are still reading it. Don't you see how psychotic that is?

:smt102

Must be an ailment only Legion fans suffer from as I too have continued reading despite not being happy with it. Just kept hoping things would get better - they eventually did with Levitz's pre-Flashpoint series but we only got 16 issues of that....
Don't understand how no-one had managed anything decent a lot sooner. Great setting, great characters & great villains - just don't see how anyone could fail.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:32 pm

UnionJack wrote:
Must be an ailment only Legion fans suffer from as I too have continued reading despite not being happy with it. Just kept hoping things would get better - they eventually did with Levitz's pre-Flashpoint series but we only got 16 issues of that....
Don't understand how no-one had managed anything decent a lot sooner. Great setting, great characters & great villains - just don't see how anyone could fail.

I read Levitz first Legion issue in 2010 and it was a disaster, I've heard it's even worse now and honestly it's hard to imagine that.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:16 pm

UnionJack wrote:

Not understanding the current reader is one way. Not understanding modern SF is another.

- Sons of the Desert

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 92 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Who will be buying the Giffen issues?

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand