Advertisement

Kick-Ass 3 #3 (We all have our vices bitch Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Kick-Ass 3 #3 (We all have our vices bitch Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Whilst I enjoyed the first 2 issues of Kick-Ass 3, there has been one crucial element missing from the story so far… mother-fucking Hit-Girl you bitches. Since she’s been in prison, it makes sense that she hasn’t really been involved, but this issue brings her back in big-time, and we see what she’s been up to inside. And what she’s been up to is… taking over the Prison Gangs and running things, which is bad-ass, and when you think of it, not really all that surprising. Hit-Girl is such a ridiculous, over-the-top character, so it’s a hell of a lot of fun to see her running a prison, drinking whisky and smoking cigarettes. Kick-Ass has long dropped any pretense of being realistic, so weird shit like this is appropriate, and just awesome. I can’t wait until she gets out and can wreak some havoc.

In terms of the other plotlines, Red Mist/Mother Fucker is out of Jail, and is being brought back into the Crime Family by his creepy Uncle Rocco, who looks like being a great villain, very ruthless and very different from his brothers and nephew, I found is notion that being gay was actually more masculine than being straight very interesting, that should make people think, as well as being pretty funny, especially with Red Mist’s reaction.

As for Kick-Ass himself, I thought it was great to see him on his date with Valerie the nurse, and to see Dave finally have some success with the ladies. Unlike the movie version, Dave is terrible with girls even after he becomes Kick-Ass, so it was interesting to see how being in costume made him more confident and comfortable, and the way the conversation turned to how he personally separates his real life with his superhero life, it’s an interesting take on the whole ‘Bruce Wayne is the real mask’ kind of thing.

This issue then sees Dave and his crew pull off his ‘Batman Year One’ plan, and whilst it doesn’t really work, it was surprisingly effective, as we see Kick-Ass really bust out some fighting moves, and then perform an effective escape, grabbing onto the bottom of a truck as it drives over him. It’s so weird seeing Kick-Ass actually be a bit, well, kick ass, the character really has grown.

I do feel like this story is moving a bit slowly when compared to other Millar books, but now we have most of the plots on the table, Kick-Ass’ team going up against Rocco Genovese, Hit-Girl in prison, Red Mist being out of jail, the romance, that guy The Juicer. Everything’s in place, we just need Millar to start blowing shit up.

John Romita Jnr’s artwork is of course the same level of quality you expect from him, the fight scene was great, you really saw from just the art how far Dave has come in becoming a bona-fide superhero.

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Kick-Ass 3 #3 (We all have our vices bitch Spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:22 pm

I don't reread issues but for next issue did it look like he's finally going to throw down with the Juicer?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:55 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I don't reread issues but for next issue did it look like he's finally going to throw down with the Juicer?

Juicer wasn't even in this issue, so... I dunno?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:17 pm

it would be on the next issue page.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:19 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:it would be on the next issue page.

Just looked at that page, yep, looks like you're right.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand