Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

So um.. Kick Ass 2 #4.. *Spoilers*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

spidertour02

rubber spoon

Postby spidertour02 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Greg wrote:That wasn't Red Mist who unzipped his pants first?

My bad, I wasn't clear on that one. I meant is was Red Mist/The Motherfucker AND his posse, not just him.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:27 am

Holy shit! That was insane, this book is just sick and disturbing, as the cover says, it’s the must-read book for all psychopaths. What Red Mist/Mother-Fucker and his crew do in this issue is just fucking heinous, Murdering kids and police-officers, raping teenage girls… Mark Millar is a bad bad man. But it’s still a lot of fun to reed, and sometimes a little excess gore is what you need to shock you out of your comfort zone, and really this is what super-villains would be doing in real life. I love how Millar is just waiting and waiting and building up the reader’s suspense before he unleashes Hit-Girl again, and I can’t wait to see her back and up against Mother Russia, who is terrifying. In the last month several bloggers have been up in arms about the level of violence in the DC relaunch books, but this issue made those comics look like My Little Pony, and that’s no bad thing really.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:50 am

so I read this last night and I don't see what Zechs was so upset over.Was it violent and over the top? yeah,but isn't that the whole point of this book?
I dunno all the really horrible stuff to place off panel anyway

vincentomoh

Faster Pussycat

Postby vincentomoh » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:09 pm

I don't see Carl anywhere. Is she still going out with him? Will she think Carl is Kick-Ass?

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:36 pm

eltopo wrote:so I read this last night and I don't see what Zechs was so upset over.Was it violent and over the top? yeah,but isn't that the whole point of this book?
I dunno all the really horrible stuff to place off panel anyway

I think Nemesis and Ultimates 5 ruined me with reading Millar's work.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 pm

Zechs wrote:

I think Nemesis and Ultimates 5 ruined me with reading Millar's work.

Nemesis was good

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:41 pm

eltopo wrote:Nemesis was good

Nemesis was shit. "What if Batman was evil?" Just completely stupid and pointless.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Dragavon wrote:Nemesis was shit. "What if Batman was evil?" Just completely stupid and pointless.

right except that was just the promo said and in the end of the story nemesis was nothing like batman at all

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:45 pm

eltopo wrote:right except that was just the promo said and in the end of the story nemesis was nothing like batman at all

It was "prep-time" Batman using a stand-in.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Dragavon wrote:It was "prep-time" Batman using a stand-in.

more like a Hostel- style pay to play set up than batman

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm

eltopo wrote:Nemesis was good

Meh I hated the ending. There wasn't anything satisfying to it. It felt like the set-up for a sequel we'll never see for awhile.

leave a comment with facebook