Sunday, November 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Lex Luthor Is Coming To Supergirl

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Lex Luthor Is Coming To Supergirl

A casting search is underway for the iconic character.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

The CW is searching for the next Lex Luthor with the announcement that the classic villain will appear in the fourth season of Supergirl as a reoccurring character.

"We're beyond excited to introduce iconic villain Lex Luthor to Supergirl and to weave him into our story this season," exec producers Robert L. Rovner and Jessica Queller said in a joint statement Thursday. "We've talked about having Lex on the show since its inception, and we're excited to have him finally arrive. We can't wait for him to shake things up in National City and watch him go toe to toe with not only Supergirl, but his sister, Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath)."

Luthor's appearance on Supergirl coincides with other new arrival to the Supergirl universe Lois LaneSuperman will also be returning to the fourth season.

The fourth season of Supergirl debuted October 14.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:42 pm

..huh.

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:36 pm

HNutz wrote:Image

..huh.

I had that comic. I don't remember reading it. I just remember seeing that panel and setting it aside.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
I had that comic. I don't remember reading it. I just remember seeing that panel and setting it aside.

Panic in the Sky wasn't bad from what i remember.

This sounds good on the surface but i have a bad feeling about this

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm

As long as the person they cast is a major upgrade from this:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 pm

I feel like there's a dirty joke here somewhere... ;)

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:02 pm

Bianco wrote:

I feel like the writers don't have faith in their character, so they're borrowing Superman's reporter background, Superman's wife Lois Lane and Superman's greatest foe, Lex Luthor.

Either that or they really just wanted to write for Superman.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:51 pm

HNutz wrote:
I feel like the writers don't have faith in their character, so they're borrowing Superman's reporter background, Superman's wife Lois Lane and Superman's greatest foe, Lex Luthor.

well they might get there wish in the future.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:36 am

Bianco wrote:

Of course you do. You dislike this show. You tell us this every chance you get even though you won't watch it. You dislike everything about it to the point that you're in most related threads taunting it like a spurned lover. You're quite adept at the ongoing, passive-aggressive, love/hate, "help me decide what to doooooo" melodrama. Have you ever thought about becoming a writer? Heck, you could even write for this show. :lol:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:59 am

HNutz wrote:

Assuming the writers/producers/etc monitor the web I could see why they feel the need to inject some of Superman's better known elements into this show. Look at the criticism aimed at it from this site alone. :lol:
Supergirl is part of Superman's background. While her solo titles used new characters to try to differentiate her from her cousin, how many of them were successful enough to become known outside the comics medium? Heck, there are non-comics fans that think she might be his wife, sister or girlfriend.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:06 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Of course you do. You dislike this show. You tell us this every chance you get even though you won't watch it. You dislike everything about it to the point that you're in most related threads taunting it like a spurned lover. You're quite adept at the ongoing, passive-aggressive, love/hate, "help me decide what to doooooo" melodrama. Have you ever thought about becoming a writer? Heck, you could even write for this show. :lol:

Listen If I'm going to write for a show that disappoints me I would rather be writing for the WWE creative team :)

Because...

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:06 am

Instead of Lex, they should bring in Power Girl to show Wokegirl how it's done. And how to superhero rather than wokehero. This I suggest without any axe to grind, or any coffee yet to drink.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

achilles wrote:Instead of Lex, they should bring in Power Girl to show Wokegirl how it's done. And how to superhero rather than wokehero. This I suggest without any axe to grind, or any coffee yet to drink.

Yes but in the writer's mind Supergirl is the quintessential hero and everybody else is doing it wrong. So if power girl ever showed up the reverse would happen, Kara would show her the way :)

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Bianco wrote:
Yes but in the writer's mind Supergirl is the quintessential hero and everybody else is doing it wrong. So if power girl ever showed up the reverse would happen, Kara would show her the way :)

You are absolutely right, that's what the writers would think. No imagination.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:44 pm

HNutz wrote:

The more I think about it, they started the show by borrowing "Jimmy" Olsen and Cat Grant, they used Hank Henshaw a.k.a "Cyborg Superman", Mon-El, the Fortress of Solitude, Metallo, classic scenes from the Christopher Reeve movies, etc... so I guess the writers drawing from the Superman well AGAIN shouldn't shock me too much.

leave a comment with facebook