Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Because comics!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

LITG Mid Week Update

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 am

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=18091

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:14 am

wow. talk about the height of overreactionary stupidity... :roll:

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:32 am

That's fucking ridiculous.

With all the world-saving he does, he deserves to kick back with a couple of beers and get shit-faced sometimes.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:34 am

Didn't Superman drink in Superman Returns?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:43 am

GLX wrote:Didn't Superman drink in Superman Returns?

I think you're thinking of Superman 3.

Crump

Hater

Postby Crump » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:19 am

Thank God kids will never know the horrors of an alien who wants to be human acting like a human for a second or two.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:26 am

Dumb.

The label on the new cover looks really bad.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:29 am

JL_Amato wrote:Dumb.

The label on the new cover looks really bad.

I showed it to my friend and my wife and they both laughed. So lame. It's not like he was falling down drunk or like it was very noticeable, most folks probably would have thought it was a soda anyways. A grown man sharing a beer with his father is not something they should be ashamed of or censor. Now if Robin had a beer, I could see blocking that our.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:43 am

Here let me be the dc exec's:

"Okay guys, you see this barely noticable lable of the drink superman's drinking, its obviously beer!"

"Okay....whats the point?"

"This is superman, he can't be normal! He can't drink at his age. Okay we are going to fix this.."

"But sir, I really don't think its that big of a deal."

"Shut up and get me a really ugly and bright label to stick in front of this."

:roll: :-D

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I think you're thinking of Superman 3.

Who then had a bad self who went on a superdickery spree before his good half ripped out of him and dueled him. :P

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:27 pm

doombug wrote:Here let me be the dc exec's:

"Okay guys, you see this barely noticable lable of the drink superman's drinking, its obviously beer!"

"Okay....whats the point?"

"This is superman, he can't be normal! He can't drink at his age. Okay we are going to fix this.."

"But sir, I really don't think its that big of a deal."

"Shut up and get me a really ugly and bright label to stick in front of this."

:roll: :-D

Yeah, now it's "SODA POP". :roll:

Think they're holding their drinks a little weird. I like the touch with the Brainiac moon, though. :)

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Sadly, the original was actually designed to help combat obesity, too.

If you look close, it WAS Light Beer, after all. ;)

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 pm

You know that, if they'd left the cover as is, some jerk columnist from Yahoo or something would write an article about it, talking about how much Superman has changed; how he's getting drunk and whatnot.

It would have been worth it, though. Wonder how much flak, if any, DC'll catch for changing the cover?

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:45 pm

HNutz wrote:You know that, if they'd left the cover as is, some jerk columnist from Yahoo or something would write an article about it, talking about how much Superman has changed; how he's getting drunk and whatnot.

It would have been worth it, though. Wonder how much flak, if any, DC'll catch for changing the cover?

Seeing how painfully obvious the change is, its more noticable now, which means they may catch some flack.

Seriously which idiot decided to make a really shitty neon sign, which actually stands out instead of blurring the bottle a little or trying to actually make sure the words aren;t visible. I didn't even notice it was a damn beer my first thought would be of the rootbeer variety.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:26 am

Sweet fucking lord, please tell me they have a copy of that Batman comic in my pullbox at the store. Did these things get out to the stores and then recalled?

leave a comment with facebook