Advertisement

LSH #23 Final issue

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 143 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Liam Rodgers » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Punchy wrote:I think this Earth-2 reveal is actually pretty darn clever.

It means that when they do get around to rebooting the Legion and have it be the Earth-2 versions, they have carte blanche to do whatever they want, to go back to the classics, or to do something new.

I've long said that they should give the Legion to someone fresh and new from the Indies and let them go fucking nuts with no continuity, this is their opportunity.

Agreed, although it doesn't sound like them being from Earth 2 was the original plan, it is a nice way of saving face for the next reboot. LSH is one of my favorite franchises, I wish they get it right soon but JLA 3000 is not a good sign of that happening anytime soon.

:smt011

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 211 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Punchy wrote:I think this Earth-2 reveal is actually pretty darn clever.

It means that when they do get around to rebooting the Legion and have it be the Earth-2 versions, they have carte blanche to do whatever they want, to go back to the classics, or to do something new.

On the other hand, it looks like DC is booting the Legion out of the DCU onto Earth-2 to make way for Justice League Loonatics. It's not clever, it's cynical.

Plus it's gonna complicate things further when some future Superman writer decides he wants to do a Legion story involving something closer to the "classic" Legion than whatever the f**k Morrison was using.

I've long said that they should give the Legion to someone fresh and new from the Indies and let them go fucking nuts with no continuity, this is their opportunity

The only problem is that very vocal group of Legion fans who want the "real Legion," ties to Superman and all. Why do you think so many of the Legion fans here and on OldRama jumped for joy when Lightning Saga came around. It was putting Supes and the Leigon back together, at least continuity wise.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 pm

The Beast wrote:
Agreed, although it doesn't sound like them being from Earth 2 was the original plan, it is a nice way of saving face for the next reboot. LSH is one of my favorite franchises, I wish they get it right soon but JLA 3000 is not a good sign of that happening anytime soon.

:smt011

How the Legion ended was par for the course for this version's run. Too many stops and starts, and false starts, and never a solid, clear-cut vision of how the book should be handled.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 pm

Juan Cena wrote:The only problem is that very vocal group of Legion fans who want the "real Legion," ties to Superman and all. Why do you think so many of the Legion fans here and on OldRama jumped for joy when Lightning Saga came around. It was putting Supes and the Leigon back together, at least continuity wise.

Eh, they'll still buy it.

Liam Rodgers
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 143 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
How the Legion ended was par for the course for this version's run. Too many stops and starts, and false starts, and never a solid, clear-cut vision of how the book should be handled.

It seems like LSH doesn't work right without Superboy, do you think that's an integral part of the franchise, that there be some kind of direct link to the 21st Century?

JLA 3000 is pure ass, I hope they die in a couple months and inspire Garth, Irma and Rokk.

:twisted:

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 46 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:39 pm

The Beast wrote:
It seems like LSH doesn't work right without Superboy, do you think that's an integral part of the franchise, that there be some kind of direct link to the 21st Century?

JLA 3000 is pure ass, I hope they die in a couple months and inspire Garth, Irma and Rokk.

I like that idea. Would make for an interesting story.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:53 pm

Punchy wrote:

They sure as f**k didn't buy this last series.

Funny that for all the b!tching all the "real" Legion fans did about Waid's Threeboot, it had better numbers overall than the two "real" Legion series did that followed it.

- Sons of the Desert

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:56 pm

The Beast wrote:

It worked pretty darn well in the 80's with only occasional appearances by Superboy.

- Sons of the Desert

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:04 pm

The Beast wrote:

I tend to think so, but what do I know. I lost track of the LSH about three or four teams ago.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:32 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yet another example of what's gone wrong with this message board over the years.

Maybe people don't like Nacireman's take on the Legion; I certainly don't always agree with it. But one thing that can never be doubted is that he cares about this property deeply, buys/reads the issues and comments on them.

Lots of people on this board are quick to tell people what the fuck to do about reading stuff "they don't like," while sitting on their high horse and wagging their fingers. "Stop reading it," they say. "You're the reason it existsm because you keep reading it."

So, the question is this: Nacireman started a thread about the Legion. What does anyone expect it to say, other than what it already did?

Some of you need to take the advice you like tossing around from the mountaintops: Don't read the thread, then.

Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?

Ouch, dude. My feelings.

:lol:

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 72 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:47 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:Ouch, dude. My feelings.

:lol:

See what I mean? You and Jude, others -- don't you ever get tired of treating the people who actually choose to post in this forum like you guys do now? Don't you even see what it is that you're doing? You guys make it so people don't even want to post here.

Look back through this thread; there was actually discussion about, amazingly enough, the final issue of the Legion of Super-Heroes, other comics themes, on what is supposedly a comic-book themed subsection of your website titled "The Newsstand" -- the place where we lowly registered posters are supposed to go to talk about comic books.

But you can't leave it at that. This site...man. You guys are lost, anymore. You don't even know it. You treat your visitors like crap. Good luck with that, over the long haul.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Punchy wrote:

And look what happened when they got their way and the "Real" team was brought back.

- Sons of the Desert

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 am

since i never read it, what happened with the pre-DCnU legion from legion lost and was harvest from their timeline too? and how did they avoid it and was there any ramifications from them remembering?

or is this just more multiverse stuff.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:15 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
See what I mean? You and Jude, others -- don't you ever get tired of treating the people who actually choose to post in this forum like you guys do now? Don't you even see what it is that you're doing? You guys make it so people don't even want to post here.

Look back through this thread; there was actually discussion about, amazingly enough, the final issue of the Legion of Super-Heroes, other comics themes, on what is supposedly a comic-book themed subsection of your website titled "The Newsstand" -- the place where we lowly registered posters are supposed to go to talk about comic books.

But you can't leave it at that. This site...man. You guys are lost, anymore. You don't even know it. You treat your visitors like crap. Good luck with that, over the long haul.

Did I... did I pee in your Corn Flakes? I don't remember peeing in any Corn Flakes but I'm not actually used to this kind of abuse. Are you getting me confused with someone else?

Hi. I'm Super. I usually write Super Reads where I read every single Mega-event book and then make a write up about them, explaining the continuity people might be missing and just basically talking about the comic. I haven't actually done that in a while because of money issues and a full-time job but when I devoted time to the site, that was what I did. I wrote articles about comics. Not in a snarky way. Sometimes in an amusing way and sometimes in a bitter, anal about continuity way. But always because I love comics. I love bad comics. I love events. These are things that get me excited and they are things I would spend the entire week working up, getting images, trying to make funny comments. Because I love comics.

Now, I come in almost every day to catch up on what I miss after a long nights work. I'll post in threads that interest me and I'll even try to make a joke or two. Which is what has gotten you so upset: a JOKE. I obviously wasn't serious otherwise I would never have read the rest of the thread and caught your comment. And then responded to said comment. Which pissed you off or something.

I'm 99% sure that Nac isn't offended at people groaning about his latest thread bashing LoSH. C'mon. This is kind of his thing. One of many things but still, making threads highlighting why he hate's DC's treatment of the Legion is something that screams Nacireman. So I made a joke about it. I didn't smiley face it but I thought the fact that I also put in that I was watching a LoSH-centric JLU ep would show just how much I'm not hating the Legion. And I was tired.

But, y'know, whatever. I made a three sentence fail post and another follow-up and have received not one but TWO condescending lectures about how to treat people on the internet. Which is probably ironic.

Nac, if my post offended you, I'm sorry. I was just playing around and did not mean to piss you or anyone else off. While ESF's two posts ticked me off, they also make me think that whatever I'm posting on here might actually be bothering people... which is not what I am attempting to do. I'm trying to have fun, not get on anyone's nerves. So I'm taking a break. I'll be back when I figure the internet out. Maybe.

Or I'll be back when I write up a Super Reads for Dark Cybertron. That would be fun. I hope I don't get lectured for that.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:

Let's be fair, ESF. The tone of this thread was set with the OP. When you start randomly wishing for bankruptcy and failure of things that other people rely on for livelihood, just because you don't like the direction of a franchise, you open yourself up for a bit of ribbing. :D

But you were right in an earlier post: people should know what to expect in a Nac Legion thread...but at the same time, I think he expects their response. It hasn't stopped him from posting, and I don't think anyone is actively trying to drive him away (well, okay, one person :lol: but there has to be a story behind that we don't know about) .

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand