Advertisement

LSH #23 Final issue

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 10796
Likes: 439 posts
Liked in: 300 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am

What superfictious said .
And there's also a big difference between stating your opinion and just posting the same 3 repetitive hate rants in every Legion thread and then attacking posters who said they liked this issue.
Hell, now Nac is even bitching about Johns in the Wonder Woman preview thread !
Last edited by IvCNuB4 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

bkthomson
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23393
Likes: 7 posts
Liked in: 34 posts
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:14 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby bkthomson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:24 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
See what I mean? You and Jude, others -- don't you ever get tired of treating the people who actually choose to post in this forum like you guys do now? Don't you even see what it is that you're doing? You guys make it so people don't even want to post here.

Look back through this thread; there was actually discussion about, amazingly enough, the final issue of the Legion of Super-Heroes, other comics themes, on what is supposedly a comic-book themed subsection of your website titled "The Newsstand" -- the place where we lowly registered posters are supposed to go to talk about comic books.

But you can't leave it at that. This site...man. You guys are lost, anymore. You don't even know it. You treat your visitors like crap. Good luck with that, over the long haul.


As for Nac, has anyone ever noticed the man is like Teflon. No matter what is said to him nothing sticks, he shrugs if off with ease of grace and moves on unlike some people who take offense at the smallest comment and turn it into a a bigger deal than it really is yelling to the forums, 'Look at me I'm Offended.'
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

ElijahSnowFan
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1840
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 62 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:49 pm
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:30 am

bkthomson wrote:
As for Nac, has anyone ever noticed the man is like Teflon. No matter what is said to him nothing sticks, he shrugs if off with ease of grace and moves on unlike some people who take offense at the smallest comment and turn it into a a bigger deal than it really is yelling to the forums, 'Look at me I'm Offended.'


I read the earlier version of your post, before you edited it. My response is this: I have absolutely no doubt that what I'm talking about is going to happen at some point today. If you believe that I should stop coming here because the random abuse of posters is fine, then own it. But don't shift the onus of being offended onto me or others when it does happen, like I've got the problem when "the smallest comment" irritates me. Maybe people get tired of all the "small comments" when they continue on and on.

I enjoy talking about comic books on the News Stand. I don't post about politics or guns or whatever else. But I don't have to do that here, and neither one of us, or anybody else, is going to lose any sleep over it if I don't. I choose to post about comic books. I don't choose to get insulted for it.
Image

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76172
Likes: 438 posts
Liked in: 643 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:39 am

ESF, do you realize that Nacireman is a staff writer and he hangs out on skype with us all day? He's part of the establishment. :P
Image
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Rikk Odinson
User avatar
Society Member
 
Posts: 8724
Likes: 53 posts
Liked in: 59 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:53 pm


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:50 am

Well, I read this last night and It was alright.

The art by Maguire was beautiful and the resolution of this run of the LSH was decent enough. Definitely a better last issue than the pre New52 was.
I enjoyed the last few years of the LSH and I'm sad to see it go. It was fun getting to read about "my Legion" again and I appreciate DC giving it a shot.

Long Live The Legion!


P.S. I hope Nacireman is happy. The book is gone and this version of the LSH will probably never be seen again.
He can take solice in the fact that he was able to keep those of us that enjoyed the book from having any meaningful discussions of it and he can also take pride in the fact that it was him above any other poster tha has driven me off this forum. Even Punchy and Twig never annoyed me as much as that asshole and seeing Jude's post above that he's part of the staff makes it all so clear why he was able to troll every thread about the book for so long.

People wonder why there isn't any meaningful comic discussion on this site. Dicks like Nacireman are why.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76172
Likes: 438 posts
Liked in: 643 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:03 pm

So which is it, we persecute nacireman and shut down his legion discussion, or we allow him to troll and ruin discussion? Jesus.

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby superfictious » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Man, this thread's better than Legion has been for a while. :lol:

guitargod694
User avatar
Post Whore
 
Posts: 1012
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 73 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:22 pm
Title: Total Spaceship Guy


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby guitargod694 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:09 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:So which is it, we persecute nacireman and shut down his legion discussion, or we allow him to troll and ruin discussion? Jesus.


I don't see any reason it can't be both. :smt102
-Bill-

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34406
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 55 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Punchy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm

The only way this issue would have been better is if they finally revealed the Time Trapper's identity, and it was Randy Orton.

:P

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby superfictious » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Since Legion's been cancelled, I think DC did the job for you anyway.

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76172
Likes: 438 posts
Liked in: 643 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:12 pm

guitargod694 wrote:
I don't see any reason it can't be both. :smt102


They're opposites! :lol:

And this is why you can't win on the internet.

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby superfictious » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:13 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
They're opposites! :lol:



Not if you give him his own Legion subforum!

Regulator
User avatar
Motherfucker from Hell
 
Posts: 2932
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 am


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Regulator » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yet another example of what's gone wrong with this message board over the years.

Maybe people don't like Nacireman's take on the Legion; I certainly don't always agree with it. But one thing that can never be doubted is that he cares about this property deeply, buys/reads the issues and comments on them.


Like all his man-crushes, the amount that he cares makes it weird, not admirable. That's why it's enjoyable to mess with him.

Lots of people on this board are quick to tell people what the fuck to do about reading stuff "they don't like," while sitting on their high horse and wagging their fingers. "Stop reading it," they say. "You're the reason it existsm because you keep reading it."

So, the question is this: Nacireman started a thread about the Legion. What does anyone expect it to say, other than what it already did?

Some of you need to take the advice you like tossing around from the mountaintops: Don't read the thread, then.

Because at least Nacireman cares enough about the property to post -- which, again, is still the primary purpose of a message board, right?


There's one fatal flaw to your argument. We aren't paying to post on this message board. Buying things you hate sends the message to the publisher that you actually like it, so why would they change?

guitargod694
User avatar
Post Whore
 
Posts: 1012
Likes: 83 posts
Liked in: 73 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:22 pm
Title: Total Spaceship Guy


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby guitargod694 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
They're opposites! :lol:

And this is why you can't win on the internet.


No way... you shut down all the threads he starts,
but then let him troll other people's legion threads and ruin them.

The only logical fallacy there is the notion that there was ever anything good about a Legion thread to ruin. :D
-Bill-

Juan Cena
User avatar
DANG!
 
Posts: 33057
Likes: 92 posts
Liked in: 110 posts
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:03 pm
Location: Nacirema
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning


Online


Re: LSH #23 Final issue

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:Well, I read this last night and It was alright.

The art by Maguire was beautiful and the resolution of this run of the LSH was decent enough. Definitely a better last issue than the pre New52 was.
I enjoyed the last few years of the LSH and I'm sad to see it go. It was fun getting to read about "my Legion" again and I appreciate DC giving it a shot.

Long Live The Legion!


P.S. I hope Nacireman is happy. The book is gone and this version of the LSH will probably never be seen again.
He can take solice in the fact that he was able to keep those of us that enjoyed the book from having any meaningful discussions of it and he can also take pride in the fact that it was him above any other poster tha has driven me off this forum. Even Punchy and Twig never annoyed me as much as that asshole and seeing Jude's post above that he's part of the staff makes it all so clear why he was able to troll every thread about the book for so long.

People wonder why there isn't any meaningful comic discussion on this site. Dicks like Nacireman are why.



Bull. Fracking. Crap.

Using me as an excuse of why you can't have a "meaningful discussion" about the Legion is lame. It's says more about you than it does me.

I've had several meaningful conversations about Legion with Cat-Scratch, ESF, and Arion. The fact that we all disagree on certain points doesn't make it not a "meaningful conversation." And I've managed to have these without any viscous potshots at anybody, which is something I can't say about some of the "Nac Bashers" around here, be they Legion fans or just roaming trolls.

Do you think I didn't want to see a book that was able to change my mind about scrapping the Threeboot for this? I would have loved for that to have happened. If Geoff Johns had actually given a rat's @$$ about the Legion enough to do more than just a few back-up "character sketches" in Adventure, and turned it into a property that could have stood on its own two feet. It is harder to complain about success than it is failure, you know.

All I can figure is that by "meaningful conversation," you mean circle jerk.
Image

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."


http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], MSN NewsBlogs and 88 guests

Advertisement
cron