Tuesday, June 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "30 charges and no convictions."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Luther Strode Sale Going Down at Comixology

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm

You should check it out.

http://www.comixology.com/Legend-of-Lut ... ction/1112

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm

World War Hulk sale on at Marvel. A buck an issue.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 pm

thanks!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Who's taken advantage of the sale, so far?

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:49 pm

So someone sell me on Luther Strode. Outside of knowing it exists, I have no clue of the concept.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm

alaska1125 wrote:So someone sell me on Luther Strode. Outside of knowing it exists, I have no clue of the concept.

Luther Strode was a pretty average teenager until he ordered The Hercules Method, a bodybuilding course that promised to make a man of him. It didn’t just make him a man, it made him a super man.

Now Luther has to deal with the strange talents that the book has awoken, the attentions of a girl who might be just a little too much for him to handle, and an ever increasing pile of bodies that seems to be building up around him. Luther’s life will never be the same….

If he survives.

If you’re a fan of old school slasher movies, superheroics, or just a comic that is flat out fun, then The Strange Talent of Luther Strode is the book for you.

http://thestrangetalentoflutherstrode.com/about/

Issue #1 is free on Comixology.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:33 pm

GLX wrote:

http://thestrangetalentoflutherstrode.com/about/

Issue #1 is free on Comixology.

Thanks! I'll pick up the first issue.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm

alaska1125 wrote:So someone sell me on Luther Strode. Outside of knowing it exists, I have no clue of the concept.

“I am not interested in teenage power fantasies. I'm interested in adult power fantasies because I'm an adult and I have power fantasies”, said Howard Chaykin almost three decades ago. And he sure had a valid point as most of the superhero stories back then were the quintessential “Adolescent Power Fantasies”.

“The Strange Talent of Luther Strode” it’s an absolutely refreshing take on adolescent fantasies versus adult fantasies, and somehow manages to find a middle ground between these seemingly opposing options. Luther Strode mirrors our most shameful fantasies and embraces them. He decides to practice a new version of the Atlas Method (here it’s called the Hercules Method). The Charles Atlas Method was an old advertising that appeared in comic books in the 70s and 80s, sometimes it was like a one page comic strip: a strong man humiliates a skinny guy who is in the beach with his girlfriend; he then signs up for the Atlas Method (dynamic tension, it was also called), and bang! in a few weeks he had the muscles of a Greek god, more than enough to beat the hell out of the abusive guy in the beach (which of course, he does, thus impressing his girlfriend).

More here:

http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... ode-1.html

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:24 pm

It was ok but it didn't seem all that new and refreshing ... it just seemed like: here's what would happen if a kid got superpowers and ripped everyone's spine out, sometimes on accident. But for $5, I can't complain. :P

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 am

Regulator wrote:It was ok but it didn't seem all that new and refreshing ... it just seemed like: here's what would happen if a kid got superpowers and ripped everyone's spine out, sometimes on accident. But for $5, I can't complain. :P

What was 5 bucks? The trade?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:15 pm

Arion wrote:
What was 5 bucks? The trade?

The trade was $5, while the single issues combined were close to $5 (over or under depending on sales tax).

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm

GLX wrote:
The trade was $5, while the single issues combined were close to $5 (over or under depending on sales tax).

What? I paid 1.79 for each issue.

leave a comment with facebook