Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Madame Xanadu

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:50 pm

Did anybody check this out? If so: was it any good?

I put it on my pull, but I won't get my shipment for another ten days or so.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 am

Nobody, huh? :?

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:22 am

nietoperz wrote:Nobody, huh? :?

I think chap might have checked it out. I remember him mentioning it after the preview was in Fables a while ago.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:56 am

I didn't check it out.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:04 am

I'm not huge on Matt Wagner so this will be one of the rare Vertigo titles I skip. Lemme know if I'm very wrong though.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:53 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:I think chap might have checked it out. I remember him mentioning it after the preview was in Fables a while ago.

my shop got 1, count 'em, 1 copy, and it was gone by the time i got there after work yesterday. so nope.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:07 pm

chap22 wrote:my shop got 1, count 'em, 1 copy, and it was gone by the time i got there after work yesterday. so nope.

Damn - you'd think a new Matt Wagner Vertigo book would inspire more confidence, especially with that amazing art...

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:59 pm

chap22 wrote:my shop got 1, count 'em, 1 copy, and it was gone by the time i got there after work yesterday. so nope.

That sucks. Hopefully you can check it out down the road.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Madame who? Sorry, guess I'm not much of a Vertigo guy. Although I do like how House of Mystery is going.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Zenguru wrote:Madame who? Sorry, guess I'm not much of a Vertigo guy. Although I do like how House of Mystery is going.

She's one of those old school mystics from the DCU that's been around for a long time. The Phantom Stranger will be a major supporting character though.

KING King Impulse

Teenage Wasteland

Postby KING King Impulse » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:She's one of those old school mystics from the DCU that's been around for a long time. The Phantom Stranger will be a major supporting character though.

I'm gonna pick up the trade because of his involvement, I love Phantom Stranger. I read the preview, and I kept thinking 'this hippie chick needs to get a job' so I'm probably not the target audience. I do like the regular DCU Madame X though, especially after Day of Vengance

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:16 pm

I got it.

It's ... interesting. It's done in a way that makes me wonder where exactly it's going. The art was fun, though.

SPOILERS ...

OK, basically it all takes place in Arthurian Britain, where a Wood Nymph would rules a forest, has to travel to her sister, Morgana, and try and stop a war from happening. The Phantom Stranger appears and attempts to give her the low-down on what's really going on. It turns out that the Nymph is having an affair with Merlin. Then the war begins.

Where this is all headed, I have no idea whatsoever.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:53 pm

Needs more Kaluta.........................................

Also, loved that Spectre issue where she was, ummm, doing naughty things with herself on a couch and no dress............the late 80s had those moments that made you go, WTF?!?!?! I like, but WTF?!?!?!

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:10 pm

I only read Vertigo stuff in trades these days.

But I plan on checking this out. Matt Wagner's great.

I'm loving his Zorro series.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:26 am

diana_fan wrote:I got it.

It's ... interesting. It's done in a way that makes me wonder where exactly it's going. The art was fun, though.

SPOILERS ...

OK, basically it all takes place in Arthurian Britain, where a Wood Nymph would rules a forest, has to travel to her sister, Morgana, and try and stop a war from happening. The Phantom Stranger appears and attempts to give her the low-down on what's really going on. It turns out that the Nymph is having an affair with Merlin. Then the war begins.

Where this is all headed, I have no idea whatsoever.

Well, the sister's name is interesting...

leave a comment with facebook