Saturday, September 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel’s Age Of Ultron Creates New Tie-In Paradigm Sure To Piss People Off

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Grayson wrote:Has anybody else noticed that they are advertising Superior Spider-Man #6AU as being the "superior" Spider-Man's introduction into the Age of Ultron...yet in the previously released preview art from Age of Ultron we already have a Spider-Man who isn't wearing a mask? Is this confirmation that Peter Parker is still around in some capacity during the Age of Ultron or was that our first look at who is underneath the mask of the new Spider-Man?

:shock:

Your resistance to spoilers is most strong...

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm

alaska1125 wrote: :shock:

Your resistance to spoilers is most strong...

Ooopppsss...fixed! :oops:

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:07 am

Grayson wrote:
Ooopppsss...fixed! :oops:

No, my man...you were ok there. You just missed some...recent news in that regard (Superior Spider-Man). Don't go looking, though...go pick up Amazing Spider-Man #698.. It may not answer all questions, but it was a shocker to me.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:19 am

alaska1125 wrote:No, my man...you were ok there. You just missed some...recent news in that regard (Superior Spider-Man). Don't go looking, though...go pick up Amazing Spider-Man #698.. It may not answer all questions, but it was a shocker to me.

I have been reading Amazing Spider-Man, are you referring to Doctor Octopus switching minds with Peter Parker? If so, I am not sure that is going to be a change that makes it all the way to Superior Spider-Man.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 am

Grayson wrote:
I have been reading Amazing Spider-Man, are you referring to Doctor Octopus switching minds with Peter Parker? If so, I am not sure that is going to be a change that makes it all the way to Superior Spider-Man.

Hmm...possible. I guess I just assumed it would carry through.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 am

Grayson wrote:

Hmm...possible. I guess I just assumed it would carry through.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:45 pm

alaska1125 wrote:Hmm...possible. I guess I just assumed it would carry through.

:smt102

It might, who knows.

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:57 pm

Jubilee wrote:I don't know what makes this Ultron story an event?

What's the hook to it?

BENDIS! is writing it :-D

legoroni

Snake On A Plane

Postby legoroni » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:48 pm

I, for one, like this way for tie-ins to be done. If you don't want to read part of the crossover, then why get the issue. Also, it's probably 3.99 just so they can put a code in it and get more money.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:55 pm

This numbering scheme has the 1-2 of both confusing people and convincing them that a tie in is important. I assume it will be a great success and used more in the future.

UnionJack

Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 am

Avengers is my all-time favourite comic & Ultron one of my favourite villains. I need to be strong and not get sucked into yet another 'event'.

leave a comment with facebook