Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Announces Paul Cornell Wolverine Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 pm

Marvel Announces Paul Cornell Wolverine Series

Paul Cornell has jumped the DC ship.

Source: iFanboy

Marvel came out with yet another Marvel NOW! teaser.  This one hints at a Paul Cornell/Alan Davis Wolverine series, which is a big deal mainly because it's Paul Cornell returning to Marvel after a lengthy stint at DC.

We imagine that the new series will be entitled Genteel Wolverine, and will act as a counter to Frank Cho's "boobs and stabbing" Savage Wolverine series.  Cornell's Wolverine will probably focus on Wolverine attempting to clean up his act and behave more like the role model he's become for the next generation of children.  It also stands a better chance of shipping on time, unlike Cho's book, which Vegas oddmakers are placing 100:1 odds on the second issue shipping within two months of the first.

On a related note, this announcement could be a major blow for DC, as Paul Cornell was one of the most talented writers in their shallow talent pool.  Cornell previously wrote the fantastic Captain Britain and MI13 which almost pushes this new Wolverine series into the "will read without hesitation" category, despite the fact that it features the Mary Sue of Marvel.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Goof move for Cornell who I felt was underused at D.C.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 pm

Cornell and Alan Davis?? Just shut up and take my money, Marvel.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:08 pm

chap22 wrote:Cornell and Alan Davis?? Just shut up and take my money, Marvel.

Just thought of something, what if there is a Candestine cross-over. Not sure I'd enjoy the book as much.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:22 pm

bkthomson wrote:

Just thought of something, what if there is a Candestine cross-over. Not sure I'd enjoy the book as much.

I'm REALLY hoping Davis got that out of his system with the DD/Wolvy/FF Annual crossover that nobody read this summer.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:31 pm

chap22 wrote:I'm REALLY hoping Davis got that out of his system with the DD/Wolvy/FF Annual crossover that nobody read this summer.

That would be my hope as well, and I was one of those who stayed away from those books because of Candestine appearance. the fact that I really enjoy Davis work made it hard to pass them up.

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:52 pm

Wow, another Wolverine series. Does the editorial staff have an erection for the character or what? How many Wolverine books do we need now?

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:56 pm

draco x wrote:Wow, another Wolverine series. Does the editorial staff have an erection for the character or what? How many Wolverine books do we need now?

Hi, you must be new to Marvel Comics. :D

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Greg wrote:
Hi, you must be new to Marvel Comics. :D

You would think that we already have enough books with Wolverine by now, wouldn't you.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:03 pm

draco x wrote:
You would think that we already have enough books with Wolverine by now, wouldn't you.

Yes, one would think and I cannot disagree with that statement, but the guy does have a movie coming out soon so they need a night hearty catalog of current stuff to put out in trade when it hits theaters.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 pm

draco x wrote:

i could give a shit how many they publish (it ain't like you're forced to buy all of them, and i damn sure ain't gonna even if they tried), but i 'm super-excited they've chosen to publish one by this creative team. sold.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 pm

chap22 wrote:I'm REALLY hoping Davis got that out of his system with the DD/Wolvy/FF Annual crossover that nobody read this summer.

I read it, you heathen. :x

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:10 pm

GLX wrote:
I read it, you heathen. :x

so you're the one...

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:12 pm

bkthomson wrote:Goof move for Cornell who I felt was underused at D.C.

Goof move? If he is underused, shouldn't he want to move?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:15 pm

draco x wrote:

Maybe it is X-23?

:P

leave a comment with facebook