Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Evening Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Marvel Cancels Fearless Defenders

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:47 pm

I liked the book. That's a bummer.

Also, yes, the covers were great.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:07 pm

I never read this, but I'm kind of glad it's cancelled. Not because I think it's a terrible comic, but because of it's ridiculous fans, and their ridiculous reaction to the death of that lesbian doctor supporting character.

Such idiots, and I'm looking forward to the Tumblr-Tantrums.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:11 pm

Punchy wrote:I never read this, but I'm kind of glad it's cancelled. Not because I think it's a terrible comic, but because of it's ridiculous fans, and their ridiculous reaction to the death of that lesbian doctor supporting character.

Punchy, ladies and gentlemen.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Punchy wrote:I never read this, but I'm kind of glad it's cancelled. Not because I think it's a terrible comic, but because of it's ridiculous fans, and their ridiculous reaction to the death of that lesbian doctor supporting character.

You worry me sometimes.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Log-Man wrote:I never read it, but I will miss the incredibly creative and artistic covers.

Yeah, those covers looked really good.

TimH

dINGO

Postby TimH » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:54 pm

I'll miss Defenders. The title had barely gotten its feet wet... and Mark Brooks' covers deserve their own collection.

If Marvel reboots this with a new #1, I'm not certain I'll bite. I'm likely going to drop Ms Marvel when this run ends and not pick up the "new #1". Unless Marvel is explicitly moving toward a "television series" (12 issues, that renumber each year, but retain the same plot line and creative team).

If every year Marvel simply plans to reinvent itself to enjoy the "shot in the arm" from new number ones, I'm happy to walk away.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Still picking fights with the ladies huh?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Ridiculous post

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:26 pm

Oh Punchy, you rascal! :lol:

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
Still picking fights with the ladies huh?

that would involve actually interacting with ladies.

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:36 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
that would involve actually interacting with ladies.

Well with the money he saved not buying and reading Fearless Defenders, he could have afforded a cheap hooker.

Oh correction - drunken cheap hooker as in so drunk as to not note the difference in the value of the bills Punchy handed her.

That or Punchy can really run fast when the cops show up for him accosting the women behind store/restaurant counters.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 am

Log-Man wrote:
You worry me sometimes.

Only sometimes?

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 am

Hello, you must be new here. Punchy, how long have you been posting on this board? ' ridiculous reaction to the death of [person]' is standard fare let alone 'ridiculous reaction' to anything comic book related that does not fit in people worldview of square peg in square hole.

squatters

A Quagmire

Postby squatters » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:02 am

seriously it wasn't very good!

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:23 pm

squatters wrote:seriously it wasn't very good!

Punchy... you know we are only allowed one identity here... :roll:

leave a comment with facebook