Thursday, November 15, 2018 • Morning Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel fires Star Wars writer allegedly for social media use

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:49 am

achilles wrote:And this is why I don't follow comic book types; they nearly always disappoint me. I liked PAD back in the day, even apologized to him once for saying he did something to PG, (which he did, but he informed me it was on editorial order---that weird and ill-defined weakness to "raw unprocessed materials" thing). Then....well, you probably know what happened with him. Then it was EVS, I liked his art. Then years later, the internets revealed....other stuff about him. I'm sure there are plenty of great people in the industry....but that bit about keeping your heroes at a distance lest you find out what they're really like comes to mind.

You get idiots like this who completely lack self-awareness and just are the worst.

This. One hundred million times, this.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:51 am

achilles wrote:
That's hilarious. Especially the bit where the guy says self righteously “Be good to each other..." like he's some sort of nice guy wishing for peace after saying the things he said. Again, lack of self awareness for a guy who comes across as obsessed and desperately bitter.

Yeah, "be good to each other" is advice he should have followed before comparing the current administration to baby eating monsters.

Just a thought.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:59 pm

HNutz wrote:
Yeah, "be good to each other" is advice he should have followed before comparing the current administration to baby eating monsters.

Just a thought.

We can only hope that the Wyld Stallyns make their debut soon, so we can all be excellent to one another and live in a utopia...

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:If you work for Disney don't talk about eating kids. Just ask James Gunn.

But feel free to drop by their offices if you get convicted of molesting kids, they're looking for a new director for the Powder sequel

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm

Mac E Tero wrote:If you work for Disney don't talk about eating kids. Just ask James Gunn.

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:But feel free to drop by their offices if you get convicted of molesting kids, they're looking for a new director for the Powder sequel

That's a...weird lesson Disney is teaching.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:30 pm

HNutz wrote:

That's a...weird lesson Disney is teaching.

Well, they can shove it in alongside the one where you can't really begin to live until your parents are murdered or die horribly.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:34 pm

achilles wrote:
Well, they can shove it in alongside the one where you can't really begin to live until your parents are murdered or die horribly.

That's harsh.

Sometimes, it only takes one parent. ;)

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:35 pm

HNutz wrote:
That's harsh.

Sometimes, it only takes one parent. ;)

Yeah, when you're superman

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Yeah, when you're superman

Or Simba, Ariel, Jasmine, etc.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:58 pm

HNutz wrote:
Or Simba, Ariel, Jasmine, etc.

Good point

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:32 am

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
But feel free to drop by their offices if you get convicted of molesting kids, they're looking for a new director for the Powder sequel

Bad situation from way back in 1995. There isn’t a sequel in the works, is there? That’s just you making some lame joke. Wiki says
Disney officials reported that they learned of Salva's crime only after production of Powder had begun, and stressed that there were no minors on the set for the film.

But what is your position? That Disney should hire pedos? If they make a moral correction or improvement would you call them hypocrites or encourage more improvements?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 am

Mac E Tero wrote:But what is your position? That Disney should hire pedos? If they make a moral correction or improvement would you call them hypocrites or encourage more improvements?

I dunno, the fact that they let him stay on sounds like they're okay with having convicted child molesters make their movies but not people who joked about it a decade before and apologized for it.

Actually commit the crime? Not a big problem.
Talk about something? Fired.

It's a weird standard.

Mac E Tero

dINGO

Postby Mac E Tero » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:06 am

HNutz wrote:
I dunno, the fact that they let him stay on sounds like they're okay with having convicted child molesters make their movies but not people who joked about it a decade before and apologized for it.

It's a weird standard.

It’s not a standard at all. It’s also not a lesson they are teaching. What they have shown is improvement.

What standard does your criticism set? What lesson are you teaching? Would you want pedos to be hired? No, you wouldn’t. Would you want pedos to feel welcome on a movie intended for young audiences? No, you wouldn’t. Yet your criticism could have that effect. So you keep on setting your weird standard and teaching your weird lesson if you want.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:07 am

HNutz wrote:

It's a weird standard.

Er, yet another thing I'm sadly, (or perhaps happily), unaware of. What was this all about? I've never heard of it... :oops:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm

achilles wrote:
Er, yet another thing I'm sadly, (or perhaps happily), unaware of. What was this all about? I've never heard of it... :oops:

Disney hired a convicted sex offender to direct Powder back in the '90's.

But now they'll fire a dude if he jokes about it online in the last 10 years.

leave a comment with facebook