Advertisement

Marvel's Next Big Event: Infinity

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 17 posts

Re: Marvel's Next Big Event: Infinity

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:32 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
See, I'm starting to eye DC suspiciously for the same reason. All of these rumblings of "Trinity War" have me nervous that the DCU will just turn into one big crossover. Couple that with the out-of-nowhere creative team changes, and I find myself buying more Image, Dark Horse, Valiant, and Monkeybrain as the days go on.

Mmm yes. DC have been doing small crossovers which I haven't found offensive (Animal Man/Swamp Thing, Aquaman/JL eg) as I buy those titles anyway & they don't require 6 or 7 extra comics a month. Even 'Night of the Owls' was done it such a way that it read perfectly fine with just the core Batman title.
As for Trinity War, we'll have to wait & see.
I'm already a big fan of Dynamite's output & recommendations from the Outhouse with books like Saga, Sixth Gun, Unwritten & Fatale have got me thinking seriously about looking elsewhere. Would like to get into Valiant but feel like I've missed the boat unless I want to start buying trades.

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

UnionJack wrote:
Mmm yes. DC have been doing small crossovers which I haven't found offensive (Animal Man/Swamp Thing, Aquaman/JL eg) as I buy those titles anyway & they don't require 6 or 7 extra comics a month. Even 'Night of the Owls' was done it such a way that it read perfectly fine with just the core Batman title.
I'm already a big fan of Dynamite's output & recommendations from the Outhouse with books like Saga, Sixth Gun, Unwritten & Fatale have got me thinking seriously about looking elsewhere. Would like to get into Valiant but feel like I've missed the boat unless I want to start buying trades.

My shop still has a bunch of Valiant issues. Let me know and I'll pick up some #1s for you if you're interested.
Last edited by Chesscub on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

UnionJack wrote:

Have you thought about switching to digital? That makes it ridiculously cheap to start a new series. For instance, most Image comics have free first issues, with each additional issue costing $2 a piece.

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Chesscub wrote:
My shop still has a bunch of Valiant issues. Let me know and I'll pick up some #1s for you if you're interested.

Thanks very much for the kind offer but you'd have the hassle of posting them over to me in the UK which isn't cheap as I believe the USPS has upped it's international charges.

UnionJack
Mad Hatter

Postby UnionJack » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:20 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Have you thought about switching to digital? That makes it ridiculously cheap to start a new series. For instance, most Image comics have free first issues, with each additional issue costing $2 a piece.

What you say sounds sensible but I just can't get along with digital. I want actual books/comics I can hold. Call me old-fashioned. An anachronism. I think I'd need to get a decent sized iPad/ other tablet first then maybe I'll look into it but I'd be kicking & screaming.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 663 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:32 pm

UnionJack wrote:
What you say sounds sensible but I just can't get along with digital. I want actual books/comics I can hold. Call me old-fashioned. An anachronism. I think I'd need to get a decent sized iPad/ other tablet first then maybe I'll look into it but I'd be kicking & screaming.

Comics on Kindle Fire HD 8.9 are amazing.

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 587 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 pm

This will be great

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm curious about this new Captain Universe.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 301 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 pm

UnionJack wrote:

A 10.1 inch galaxy tab is great for reading comics digitally.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am

MistaT wrote:I'm curious about this new Captain Universe.

Yeah how does that work? I thought the Captain Universe power went from person to person in times of great need.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 am

Chesscub wrote:
Yeah how does that work? I thought the Captain Universe power went from person to person in times of great need.

That's what I thought too. They really do need to figure out a new name for the character though.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 pm

Ive started to dread big crossover events but I'm looking forward to this one.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Sounds like a harkening call back to the Infinite Trilogy that came out in the 90s with Thanos, Warlock, Magus, Goddess and the Infinity Gauntlet.

David Markowski
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 141 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: Marvel's Next Big Event: Infinity

Postby David Markowski » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Did Marvel's Jeff Suter reveal the return of Peter Parker? Possibly in Infinity? I just had the pleasure of interviewing him for my podcast Super Hero Speak and he had some interesting things to say about everyone's favorite wall cawler. Check it out here: http://superherospeak.com/wp/20-jeff-suter/.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand