Advertisement

Marvel Provides Free Guardians of the Galaxy Screening, Collectible Swag to U.S. Troops in Afghanistan

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 322 posts

Marvel Provides Free Guardians of the Galaxy Screening, Collectible Swag to U.S. Troops in Afghanistan

Postby LOLtron » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Afghanistan is the new comic con.

Source: via CosmicBookNews

A U.S. soldier on Reddit revealed that troops in Afghanistan were treated to a free screening of Guardians of the Galaxy and posted pics of the EXCLUSIVE Guardians of the Galaxy military coins Marvel is handing out to troops who see the movie overseas:

Heh. Made in China.

Well, that's pretty nice of Marvel, but what is it really doing to win the war? If we want to stop terrorism and/or extend America's imperial influence in the international client state free market system, we should be taking offensive action instead, like dropping Man of Steel Blu Rays on the Taliban. It might be a violation of the Geneva convention, but we have to do whatever's necessary to um... protect our freedom. Yeah, that's it. To protect our freedom.

In other news, I've reached out to my brother to see if I can convince him to sign back up for another tour over there so I can get my hands on one of these things.

What?! I'm a comic book geek! This is what we do!

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

CrazyScarecrow
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 85 posts
Title: Mr. CrazyScarecrow to you!
Formerly: Jonathan Crane

Re: Marvel Provides Free Guardians of the Galaxy Screening,

Postby CrazyScarecrow » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:32 am

This is a genius idea! To get more troops they are offering us nerds a Guardian of the Galaxy coins! Good idea Marvel and military! :D

Belle-Tain Summer
Whale Castrato

Liked in: 58 posts

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:53 am

Winter Soldier would have been better choice, surely?

Supersoldier Washout
cheese

Liked in: 306 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:43 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:Winter Soldier would have been better choice, surely?

"CA:TWS" while action packed, wasn't exactly the "Feel Good Movie of the Year".
Plus the whole questioning of ethics in security thing.
Easily annoyed by jackassery

Beige Lantern
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 415 posts
Title: Creator of #Speksplanation

Postby Beige Lantern » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:33 am

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:Winter Soldier would have been better choice, surely?

You don't want to remind guys stuck in the desert that there are still places in the world that get cold.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move." - Captain America

xmenstartedit
Attorney at Law

Liked in: 30 posts
Title: Computer Geek, writer geek

Postby xmenstartedit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:10 pm

What a classy thing to do, especially since they probably wouldn't have got to see the best movie of the year, and quite possibly the best of the whole MCU so far, until it's was on TV, brighten up what I'm sure is a pretty shitty time.
Free and crazy as a Scotsman on beer, which I am and might possibly.... beeeeeeerrrrr.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum