Advertisement

Marvel Shocker: Shocking Avengers Arena Spoilers Shock Readers (SPOILERS)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Marvel Shocker: Shocking Avengers Arena Spoilers Shock R

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:31 am

Hey, would you look at that, Nico isn’t actually dead! Just like with Catwoman, the internet fell for a fake out, got all pissy about it and even accused the writer of sexism and racism! I wonder how the people who freaked out about the ending of #10 feel now? I’d like to think they were pleased, but then again, knowing those kinds of fans, they are probably even more annoyed that they were fooled.

This was another excellent issue of Avengers Arena, and one that was made all the better by the tight focus on 2 characters. This issue featured a major showdown between a Staff-Of-One-possessed Nico, and Apex. This was a brilliant fight, brutal and shocking, especially the ending, where Nico sends Apex for a ‘dirtnap’ by sending her underground. I thought Apex’s narration for this issue was brilliant, the idea of whether not notions of ‘hero’ and ‘villain’ apply in a game such as this was very interesting. Apex doesn’t see herself as a villain, but as a winner.

I also thought it was cool how this was the first issue in a long time that we actually saw Arcade, that we saw behind the curtain. He’s the major villain of this series, but apart from #1 and his focus issue, he has barely been present. This is especially significant when you consider the final few pages. Nico’s ‘dirtnap’ spell didn’t kill Apex, instead, she and Deathlocket are sent underground where they discover something very shocking indeed… a secret Lab, containing some very interesting items. Chris Powell, the original Darkhawk is floating in some kind of containment jar. Kid Briton’s head is also in a jar, and Mettle’s body is there… but it’s a robot! What the hell!

There’s one hell of a twist here, and one that could make all of the naysayers feel even more foolish, have none of the heroes died? There are some bodies there, so who knows! With the next issue set to focus on Hank Pym’s attempts to find out where the kids have disappeared to, this book is moving to an entirely new level and I am so very pumped for that.

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:37 am

Who really believe that Catwoman was dead?
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 48 posts

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:57 am

bkthomson wrote:Who really believe that Catwoman was dead?

Lots of folks who have apparently never read a comic book before that one.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 401 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:01 am

WHAT?!?!?!

The Bendis "It Was Really A Skrull All Along" Schtick?

Eh. Darkhawk is alive. Lame as ever, but alive to lame again.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand