Advertisement

Marvel Solicitations for June 2014

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Marvel Solicitations for June 2014

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:40 am

Nothing.

Might grab a few of "Original Sin" if it shows Cap getting his richly deserved revenge on the Illuminati for being dicks ! :twisted:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 275 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:40 pm

I'm intrigued by that mini Deadpool omnibus from Bunn.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 124 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:17 pm

GHERU wrote:I like the new direction enough, and I have faith that PAD will make it work

I have faith in him as well, but those 2 issues weren't nearly as good as the first issues of the previous run.

Plus I'm not a fan of the artist.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:32 pm

Arion wrote:
I have faith in him as well, but those 2 issues weren't nearly as good as the first issues of the previous run.

Plus I'm not a fan of the artist.

Yeah, the first four issues were ALRIGHT, but not mindblowing. It suffers from the same problem as the previous volume; while PAD is skilled at what he does, I don't care enough about any of the characters to get invested.

The previous volume was a great read on Marvel Unlimited, though, where having access to all of the issues at once made me care very deeply about all of the characters. I feel like ANXF will provide a similar experience a few years from now.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:42 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Yeah, the first four issues were ALRIGHT, but not mindblowing. It suffers from the same problem as the previous volume; while PAD is skilled at what he does, I don't care enough about any of the characters to get invested.

The previous volume was a great read on Marvel Unlimited, though, where having access to all of the issues at once made me care very deeply about all of the characters. I feel like ANXF will provide a similar experience a few years from now.

The previous run was great, it was consistently one of the best Marvel titles at least for the first 4 or 5 years.

And I do care about these characters. I like Gambit. And I love Cypher (coincidentally, I was quite disappointed not to find Cypher on the first issues even though he appeared on the cover of #1).

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Arion wrote:
The previous run was great, it was consistently one of the best Marvel titles at least for the first 4 or 5 years.

And I do care about these characters. I like Gambit. And I love Cypher (coincidentally, I was quite disappointed not to find Cypher on the first issues even though he appeared on the cover of #1).

I stopped reading the previous volume at issue 20 when Rictor might have died in a cliffhanger. After I realized I had no stake in whether he lived or died, I said to myself, "This is a great comic, but maybe not for me to spend $3 per month."

I'm on the same page with ANXF. Great comic, but not enough for me to spend my monthly comics budget.

As a Gambit fan, how do you like him in this volume? This was one of the only times I could tolerate him. I've heard fans complain, though, that PAD just changes the personalities of characters to fit certain types he likes writing. Do you feel that way about Gambit in ANXF?

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:37 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:FIGMENT!!!!!!!!!!

That's the one that stood out for me too. I do believe that I'm sold. :-D

Thank you Troy for the sig

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:22 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
I stopped reading the previous volume at issue 20 when Rictor might have died in a cliffhanger. After I realized I had no stake in whether he lived or died, I said to myself, "This is a great comic, but maybe not for me to spend $3 per month."

I'm on the same page with ANXF. Great comic, but not enough for me to spend my monthly comics budget.

As a Gambit fan, how do you like him in this volume? This was one of the only times I could tolerate him. I've heard fans complain, though, that PAD just changes the personalities of characters to fit certain types he likes writing. Do you feel that way about Gambit in ANXF?

Well, I've only read 2 issues but Gambit seemed fine to me.
I was really looking forward to see Cypher, though. I love Cypher so much.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand