Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Marvel Solitications for May 2008

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Fo Leon

cheese

Postby Fo Leon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Shady wrote:you might be surprised at how the x-books are at the moment with Brubaker and Mike Carey writing theyre respective books. and to put it even further Peter David is really killing on X-Factor.

yeah, i've kinda read up on it and the reviews have been amazing, and i see myself buying the Messiah trades if i happen to run into them...

but...

a LOT of the current storylines still stem from things i've found foul, like the "no more mutants" edict (that has been all sorts of wobbly) and other things.

X-Factor i've wanted to read since day one, but i can't see myself getting a Marvel monthly given the way editorial (had? still has? no idea) interfered with the way the storylines were built (six parters?)

i've bought the random Avengers and "event" trades... but nothing constantly... just an all out love for Ultimate Spidey (which becomes unreadable if read montly)

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:16 pm

I don't understand how I can be getting a ton of Marvel books, but some of us are getting zero. It's a strange world out there :D

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:35 pm

Eh, different strokes. I don't get how people can read so many books. I'm happy with what I've got, and anything extra that gets picked up is based off good reviews usually.

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:42 pm

Fo Leon wrote:yeah, i've kinda read up on it and the reviews have been amazing, and i see myself buying the Messiah trades if i happen to run into them...

but...

a LOT of the current storylines still stem from things i've found foul, like the "no more mutants" edict (that has been all sorts of wobbly) and other things.

X-Factor i've wanted to read since day one, but i can't see myself getting a Marvel monthly given the way editorial (had? still has? no idea) interfered with the way the storylines were built (six parters?)

i've bought the random Avengers and "event" trades... but nothing constantly... just an all out love for Ultimate Spidey (which becomes unreadable if read montly)

They've done (well more Mike Carey) has done alot to make sense of stuff like M-day and all the stuff thats been ignored or screwed up through the austen/milligan period.

as for the x-factor, yes there are still 6 issue arcs but x-factor has been the only title (that ive read) that doesn't consistantly follow that format and only takes the amount of issues it needs to tell a story. yes the trades do collect it in 6 parters but thats only standard for collections.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:38 pm

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #559
Written by DAN SLOTT
Penciled by MARCOS MARTIN
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Peter Parker: Paparazzi! Part 1 of 3
"The Money Shot"
The DB, New York's trashiest tabloid, has just hired the sleaziest, most muckraking, lowlife paparazzi of them all...PETER PARKER?! Say it ain't so, true believer! Also in this ish, J. Jonah Jameson finds inner peace and harmony...(Hey, it could happen! Maybe.) All this and the first ever livestreaming super-villain: Screwball!
Dan Slott returns to Spidey, and he's bringing Marcos Martin (DOCTOR STRANGE: THE OATH) with him!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

DAMNATION!!!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Amazing Spider-girl #20
Captain America #38
Franklin Richards: Not So Secret Invasion
Immortal Iron Fist #15
Marvel Comics Presents #9
Captain Britain and MI: 13 (I hope Union Jack and those other guys come out in this)
She-Hulk #29
X-Factor #31
X-Factor: The Quick and the Dead
War is Hell: The First Flight of the Phantom Eagle #3
Runaways: Dead End Kids HC
WWH: Incredible Herc TP
WWH: Frontline TP
Iron Man: Enter the Mandarin TP

Maybe
Sky Dolls #1
Giant-Sized Incredible Hulk #1
X-men Origins: Colossus
New X-men Ultimate Collection Book 1 TP
Essential Rampaging Hulk v.1 TP

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:30 am

Comic_Doctor wrote:I don't understand how I can be getting a ton of Marvel books, but some of us are getting zero. It's a strange world out there :D
It's because some of us have good taste in comics ;)

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 am

Keb wrote:It's because some of us have good taste in comics ;)

Not good, just different. :wink:

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:41 am

Keb wrote:It's because some of us have good taste in comics ;)

Thanks Keb, but I always knew I did :lol:

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:Thanks Keb, but I always knew I did :lol:
Don't you own 75 copies of WildC.A.T.s #1? :P

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Comic_Doctor wrote:I don't understand how I can be getting a ton of Marvel books, but some of us are getting zero. It's a strange world out there :D

You think THAT's strange?

I am the admin of a comics forum. I love comics. I've forgotten more about comics than most people thought existed. I'm toying with the idea of writing a book on the Marvel Bullpen in the 60's and 70's.

But I get NO comics these days. :D

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:39 pm

Lord Simian wrote:You think THAT's strange?

I am the admin of a comics forum. I love comics. I've forgotten more about comics than most people thought existed. I'm toying with the idea of writing a book on the Marvel Bullpen in the 60's and 70's.

But I get NO comics these days. :D
What comics forum are you an admin of?

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Keb wrote:What comics forum are you an admin of?
AICN

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Keb wrote:What comics forum are you an admin of?

Wouldn't YOU like to know.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:25 pm

misac wrote:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #559
Written by DAN SLOTT
Penciled by MARCOS MARTIN
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Peter Parker: Paparazzi! Part 1 of 3
"The Money Shot"
The DB, New York's trashiest tabloid, has just hired the sleaziest, most muckraking, lowlife paparazzi of them all...PETER PARKER?! Say it ain't so, true believer! Also in this ish, J. Jonah Jameson finds inner peace and harmony...(Hey, it could happen! Maybe.) All this and the first ever livestreaming super-villain: Screwball!
Dan Slott returns to Spidey, and he's bringing Marcos Martin (DOCTOR STRANGE: THE OATH) with him!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

DAMNATION!!!
Yeah, that and DC not publixhing Breach as a trade hurts.

leave a comment with facebook