Wednesday, December 19, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Marvel Teases 'Spidergeddon' Event

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:26 pm

The next event is nigh

Source: Spider-Men & Women Across the Multiverse Unite in Spidergeddon Teaser

Last month, Marvel twipped out a simple promo stating "Spidergeddon is Nigh" with a target date of Fall 2018. A few days later the first clue to what Spidergeddon was about was revealed in the August solicitations. Like the 2014 Spider-Verse event that shares some characters to the upcoming one, the main event will be preceded by some "Edge of" issues which were the subject of the previously mentioned solicitations:

EDGE OF SPIDER-GEDDON #1 & 2 (of 4)
Issue #1 – JED MACKAY (W) • GERARDO SANDOVAL (A/C)
Issue #2 – ZAC THOMPSON & LONNIE NADLER with Gerard Way (W) • JAKE WYATT (A/C)
ISSUE #1 & #2 – VARIANT COVERS BY CULLY HAMNER
SPIDER-GEDDON IS COMING!
ISSUE #1 – Spider-Punk is back and better than ever. After SPIDER-VERSE, Hobie Brown was a Web Warrior, but that didn't mean things back in his universe were solved. The writer of the SPIDER-PUNK story in SPIDER-VERSE is back and joined by VENOM'S Gerardo Sandoval! Spider-Punk's Earth is under attack both on the ground and from space, meaning his responsibility seems to outweigh his power. Don't miss this first shot of the SPIDER-EVENT of 2018!
ISSUE #2 – After Gerard Way (My Chemical Romance, The Umbrella Academy) and Jake Wyatt created SP//dr back in SPIDER-VERSE, she was one of the most requested heroes. With Spider-Geddon on the horizon, SP//dr is back. Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler are joining the team to bring you the next chapter in Peni Parker's life and set the table for the Spider-Event of 2018!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ ...$3.99 (EACH)

It looks like the event will gain a hyphen in "Edge of", then lose it again for the main event, Spidergeddon if the newest teaser is accurate. Though it doesn't provide a date on the promo, since "Edge of" starts in August, it is reasonable to guess the main title will swing onto the scene in September or October. The new teaser retains the same tagline, but adds the creators for the new title writer Christos Gage and artist Jorge Molina.

SPIDERGEDDONpromo.jpgSpidergeddon promo image

Looks like Spidergeddon has some Tsum Tsum but a distinctive lack of Ham. Harumph

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am

I liked Slott's Spider-Verse event.

But then they kept going back to it (Venom-Verse, etc) and, each time it looked less original.

This just kinda looks like more of the same to me.

jephd

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby jephd » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:48 am

Is that a surprise yet to be revealed version of Spidey in the silhouette?

Or is it Dusk from the Slingers?

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:16 pm

jephd wrote:Is that a surprise yet to be revealed version of Spidey in the silhouette?

I would guess the former…

But it could also be the Spider-Man fell into the ink barrel alternate reality

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm

jephd wrote:Is that a surprise yet to be revealed version of Spidey in the silhouette?

Dusk has shown up in PAD's Scarlet Spider comic along with a few of the other living Slingers.

LiquidJake45

Whippersnapper

Postby LiquidJake45 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Don't look now, it's another Spider- crisis.
6 part event, same story as last year's
I'm not sure even really care anymore
Reading Slott still feels like a chore

Spider-verse, Spider Island, and 50 new Venoms
Grim Hunt and a clone saga expansion.
I already stopped reading, but it's still wearing me out.
This isn't what spider-fandom is all about.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:46 pm

HNutz wrote:I liked Slott's Spider-Verse event.

But then they kept going back to it (Venom-Verse, etc) and, each time it looked less original.

This just kinda looks like more of the same to me.

I don't see Kaine

NeverReady

cheese

Postby NeverReady » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:30 pm

Every time I see this headline, my mind's eye reads it as a Spider-Goon event.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

leave a comment with facebook