Sunday, December 16, 2018 • Evening Edition • "The number two comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Mega Man Appreciation Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 pm

eltopo wrote:does anyone know why mega man in street fighter CROSS ( god
I hate that) Tekken is a fat dude ? is he supposed to be from the old mega man box art?

Precisely. The people in charge of Capcom were on the funny stick when they made this poor decision. Couldn't they have at least put Zero or Protoman instead? Heck, they could have had the lamest Mega Man characters ever, such as Cutman, Tronn Bonne or Roll as an alternative. This is proof drugs and business decisions don't mix.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 am

draco x wrote:
Precisely. The people in charge of Capcom were on the funny stick when they made this poor decision. Couldn't they have at least put Zero or Protoman instead? Heck, they could have had the lamest Mega Man characters ever, such as Cutman, Tronn Bonne or Roll as an alternative. This is proof drugs and business decisions don't mix.

I don't know the character fits in pretty well with the over the top nature of that game,the game is surprisingly really good also

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

eltopo wrote:I don't know the character fits in pretty well with the over the top nature of that game,the game is surprisingly really good also

Fair enough point. If anything I would rather they had put Cody and Haggar from Final Fight in the game instead.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:41 pm

draco x wrote:
Fair enough point. If anything I would rather they had put Cody and Haggar from Final Fight in the game instead.

well there's already like 5 FF characters in the game
and poison ...god she makes me uneasy with her video games sexiness

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:47 pm

eltopo wrote:well there's already like 5 FF characters in the game

Don't forget the controversy surrounding her gender.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:53 pm

Sakie wrote:
Don't forget the controversy surrounding her gender.

oh yeah isn't there something about her being a dude?

I know they took her out of the home version

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:02 pm

eltopo wrote:oh yeah isn't there something about her being a dude?

I know they took her out of the home version

Supposedly when Final Fight was originally released, Capcom was concerned that Americans wouldn't react well to a fighting game that featured female thugs that you could repeatedly beat up. They changed both Roxy and Poison into transvestites for the American release before replacing them completely with other characters. However, for subsequent releases, Poison was changed to a post-op transexual.

That being said, at this point I think Capcom's official stance on the character is that she is whatever you want her to be.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Sakie wrote:
Supposedly when Final Fight was originally released, Capcom was concerned that Americans wouldn't react well to a fighting game that featured female thugs that you could repeatedly beat up. They changed both Roxy and Posion into transvestites for the American release before replacing them completely with other characters. However, for subsequent releases, Posion was changed to a post-op transexual.

That being said, at this point I think Capcom's official stance on the character is that she is whatever you want her to be.

well in capcom CROSS tekken she's one sexy dude

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:07 pm

eltopo wrote:well in capcom CROSS tekken she's one sexy dude

...touché.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Sakie wrote:
...touché.

it's almost overwhelming

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:17 pm

eltopo wrote:well there's already like 5 FF characters in the game

He/she would still get it no?

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 pm

Zechs wrote:
He/she would still get it no?

oh yeah

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Anyhows, here are some more pics:

Nacmir

Garbage Collector

Postby Nacmir » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 pm

draco x wrote:

Tron Bonne, lame? She was the coolest thing that ever happened to PSX.

Draco x

Not a Kardashian

Postby Draco x » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:14 am

Nacmir wrote:
Tron Bonne, lame? She was the coolest thing that ever happened to PSX.

Regardless of how I feel, I would take her in the Tekken X Street Fighter game over fat overweight Mega Man anyday. Actually I would even take Dynamo from Mega Man X( A really stupid character) over fat and goofy Mega Man as well.

leave a comment with facebook