Advertisement

X-Men Legacy

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

X-Men Legacy

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:17 am

There was nothing on TV last night, so I read about 3 months worth of X-Men comics (and I read almost every X-book).

The one book that really stood out to me was X-Men Legacy.

The Mr. Sinister DNA in Xavier thing was retarded, but it was refreshing to read a book where Gambit didn't suck. Nobody's written that character well in the last 10 years.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Advertisement

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: X-Men Legacy

Postby Agent of the Bat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:28 am

MoneyMelon wrote:There was nothing on TV last night, so I read about 3 months worth of X-Men comics (and I read almost every X-book).

The one book that really stood out to me was X-Men Legacy.

The Mr. Sinister DNA in Xavier thing was retarded, but it was refreshing to read a book where Gambit didn't suck. Nobody's written that character well in the last 10 years.

I was doing the same thing on Wednesday and I agree, thats the best Gambit I have seen since the character debuted. Maybe he can make a decent comeback since he is gonna be in the new Wolverine movie.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:32 am

Spider-Troy wrote:I was doing the same thing on Wednesday and I agree, thats the best Gambit I have seen since the character debuted. Maybe he can make a decent comeback since he is gonna be in the new Wolverine movie.

I liked Gambit when he first appeared and I really started to love the character back in the early 90's when they introduced the whole Bishop angle. That shit ruled.

Since then, there has only been one story with the character I liked and that's the one where he single-handedly kicks Sabretooth's ass in the Xavier Mansion because Sabretooth was talking shit.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:01 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I liked Gambit when he first appeared and I really started to love the character back in the early 90's when they introduced the whole Bishop angle. That shit ruled.

Since then, there has only been one story with the character I liked and that's the one where he single-handedly kicks Sabretooth's ass in the Xavier Mansion because Sabretooth was talking shit.

When Gambit debuted he quickly became one of my favorite characters, to this day he is still my wifes favorite character. I much like you grew to dislike the way he was handled and not the character himself. I think that when written well, like Carey has done in Legacy, Gambit can be a very popular and interesting character. He got to bogged down and tied to Rogue and I think that whole lovers that can't be together angle with the 2 of them really diminished both of these characters. As seen again with Carey, when he wrote Rogue as the leader of his team on X-Men.

I really hope that we will see more of the character in future issues of Legacy because Carey really seems to have a good grasp on the character.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:32 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I liked Gambit when he first appeared and I really started to love the character back in the early 90's when they introduced the whole Bishop angle. That shit ruled.

Is that the same one where Sabretooth kills Gambit's girlfriend in Paris? If not, that one was awesome too.

I also liked him in Age of Apocalypse.

Gambit still is one of my favorite characters, but that's still based on potential and his initial storylines.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Frag It wrote:Is that the same one where Sabretooth kills Gambit's girlfriend in Paris? If not, that one was awesome too.

I also liked him in Age of Apocalypse.

Gambit still is one of my favorite characters, but that's still based on potential and his initial storylines.

They gotta bring that character back to his roots.

And this is the issue I was talking about...

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:39 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:They gotta bring that character back to his roots.

And this is the issue I was talking about...

AWESOME ISSUE INDEED!!!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:44 pm

Spider-Troy wrote:AWESOME ISSUE INDEED!!!

The X-Men books were kind of "blah" (not really bad, but not great either) through most of the 1990's, IMO. But there were some occasional gems like that issue that kept me a loyal reader.

To this day, Uncanny X-Men and X-Men are the two books I have the longest uninterrupted streak reading. My run goes back to about 1985.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:03 pm

I love Legacy. But I really like just about every X-book right now.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:10 pm

I think Gambit is a much better character when he nothing whatsoever to do with Rogue. But that might be because I think Rogue is a waste of space.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Dragavon wrote:I think Gambit is a much better character when he nothing whatsoever to do with Rogue. But that might be because I think Rogue is a waste of space.

I like Rogue and I like Gambit, but I hate Rogue & Gambit.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:26 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I like Rogue and I like Gambit, but I hate Rogue & Gambit.

Exactly, they had a great little love story, but they both need to move waaaaaaaaaaay past that now. Both can be very interesting characters but not interested in reading about their tragic romance anymore.

Agent of the Bat
Outhouse World Champion

Postby Agent of the Bat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:29 pm

DaReekstah wrote:I love Legacy. But I really like just about every X-book right now.

Same here, loved both the new issues of Uncanny X-Men and Astonishing X-Men. X-Force has been awesome sense it came out the gate, X-Factor had lost a bit of steam but seems to be getting back on track. Not loving Young X-men but I am hoping for the best soon. I enjoy the hell outta Cable and think it is gonna only get better. Wolverine Old Man Logan seems like it has the right bite to be the best Wolverine story ever told!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand