Advertisement

X-Men: Schism #3 (Return of the Jetpack! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

X-Men: Schism #3 (Return of the Jetpack! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:30 am

I think we have a clearer picture of what the titular ‘Schism’ is about now, and it’s certainly a controversial topic, Cyclops turned a 12 or 13-year-old kid into a soldier, into a killer, and Wolverine doesn’t like that one bit. I’m not sure where I stand on this issue, Cyclops did what needed to be done, but it’s not exactly right. The main bulk of the issue was an enjoyable fight between the Kiddie Hellfire Club and some of the X-Men’s heavy hitters, it was a little ridiculous to see Magneto and Namor taken down by kids, but I think it’s meant to be ridiculous and a little funny. Kade Kilgore and chums certainly make me smile. Daniel Acuna seems to be a bit of a ‘marmite’ creator, you love him or you hate him, and I liked his work here, but with how good Aaron’s scripting has been in this book, any old schmuck could draw it. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Advertisement

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Re: X-Men: Schism #3 (Return of the Jetpack! Spoilers)

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:35 am

Punchy wrote:I think we have a clearer picture of what the titular ‘Schism’ is about now, and it’s certainly a controversial topic, Cyclops turned a 12 or 13-year-old kid into a soldier, into a killer, and Wolverine doesn’t like that one bit. I’m not sure where I stand on this issue, Cyclops did what needed to be done, but it’s not exactly right. The main bulk of the issue was an enjoyable fight between the Kiddie Hellfire Club and some of the X-Men’s heavy hitters, it was a little ridiculous to see Magneto and Namor taken down by kids, but I think it’s meant to be ridiculous and a little funny. Kade Kilgore and chums certainly make me smile. Daniel Acuna seems to be a bit of a ‘marmite’ creator, you love him or you hate him, and I liked his work here, but with how good Aaron’s scripting has been in this book, any old schmuck could draw it. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Wolverine's such a whiny bitch these days. Like he should talk about sheltering kids from violence. He does nothing but tote adolescent girls around with him while he kills shit loads of ninjas on a daily basis. And didn't one of those adventures happen while he was traveling with the blonde girl from Power Pack? And she was like nine! :lol:
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 361 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

the thing is though, Wolverine was close enough that he could have got there in time and prevented Idie from having to commit murder, but Cyclops pretty much said screw you Logan i'm having this child kill not just 1 person but an army of people.

Muppetesque
Cunning Linguist

Liked in: 1 post
Title: ^ My Beaver with a cock
Formerly: nerdygirl

Postby Muppetesque » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 am

Benderbrau wrote:Wolverine's such a whiny bitch these days. Like he should talk about sheltering kids from violence. He does nothing but tote adolescent girls around with him while he kills shit loads of ninjas on a daily basis. And didn't one of those adventures happen while he was traveling with the blonde girl from Power Pack? And she was like nine! :lol:

No Wolverine constantly had her close her eyes and hide.
eyp wrote:you should start following nerdygirl's advice.

CountD wrote:you were prettier in person, too.

Epidemic_Spider wrote:So you admit I'm more fun than Nieto :groucho:
GOSD wrote:I admit nothing!Yes.

Strict31 wrote:Huh. Nerdygirl's got some booty on her. Kind of a surprise there, Emma.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 am

Benderbrau wrote:Wolverine's such a whiny bitch these days. Like he should talk about sheltering kids from violence. He does nothing but tote adolescent girls around with him while he kills shit loads of ninjas on a daily basis. And didn't one of those adventures happen while he was traveling with the blonde girl from Power Pack? And she was like nine! :lol:

Wolverine never made Kitty, Jubilee, Armor or Pixie kill anyone though.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 100 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:04 pm

e_galston wrote:the thing is though, Wolverine was close enough that he could have got there in time and prevented Idie from having to commit murder, but Cyclops pretty much said screw you Logan i'm having this child kill not just 1 person but an army of people.

I guess Jean really was Scott's moral compass.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 pm

doombug wrote:I guess Jean really was Scott's moral compass.

Jean killed a whole planet!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 100 posts

Postby doombug » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:09 pm

Punchy wrote:
Jean killed a whole planet!

as Dark Phoenix.

I'm talking about when they were together,you'd never see Scott forcing a child to murder someone. :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 pm

doombug wrote:as Dark Phoenix.

I'm talking about when they were together,you'd never see Scott forcing a child to murder someone. :?

After all the X-Men have been through in the last few years, I don't think Jean would have made a difference, she's not a saint.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm

FINALLY! I was really beginning to wonder when we would see what the source of Scott and Logan's split was going to be over. That's the good news. The bad news is that, if this is it, then I'm going to have more than a few qualms about it.

Over the past few years, we've seen Scott commission a kill-squad, which Wolverine has led, mind you, to take care of some of the nastier members of the X-Men's rogue's gallery. He's also sent a team, including his own son, off on a one-way suicide mission in an attempt to save lives.

Conversely, Wolverine has led the aforementioned kill-squad, which included two teenagers, one of which was his clone. Did he bitch and moan about it at first? Yeah, but then he got right to using them. Heck, he even had Elixir put a tumor in Vanisher's head to blackmail him into working for X-Force. And now he's leading a new version of the team WITHOUT the sanction of Cyclops because he just wants to.

While neither are saints on the issue of corrupting innocents and making the choice to kill others, I really don't see how Wolverine really gets any moral high-ground to stand on.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:45 pm

I don't see why people get so annoyed when comics characters act hypocritically, most people are hypocrites, this is just realistic.

We seem to expect characters to act the same way every time, but in real life not everyone is rational and everyone is contradictory.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't see why people get so annoyed when comics characters act hypocritically, most people are hypocrites, this is just realistic.

We seem to expect characters to act the same way every time, but in real life not everyone is rational and everyone is contradictory.

I'm not so much annoyed as I am simply pointing out, as I have before, that as usual Cyclops is the obviously superior choice in this little "schism".

It's not my fault that Wolverine is a walking talking contradiction :P

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Flynn the Pirate wrote:
I'm not so much annoyed as I am simply pointing out, as I have before, that as usual Cyclops is the obviously superior choice in this little "schism".

It's not my fault that Wolverine is a walking talking contradiction :P

Wolverine's contradictions are what make him work, the contradiction of berserker animal rage and his attempts to be a samurai is just one example.

Vic Vega
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Vic Vega » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Everybody in both Cyke's and Logan's version of Xforce was pretty well damaged before the team was put together.

Idie is not screwed up yet. X23 started out a killing machine.

Its not the same thing.

Flynn the Pirate
OMCTO

Postby Flynn the Pirate » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 pm

More Wolverine apologists. Isn't he busy trying to kill a bunch of people whose lives he already made hell and are fully within their rights to want to off him over? :lol: :P

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand