Thursday, May 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:27 pm

dairydead wrote:i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?


While I don't agree with Scott I can see his thinking. To me, it's a road to hell is paved with good intentions situation. The sentinel must be stopped and he will use any means necessary. This was a great issue though. I love the fact it was the mention of Jean that sparked the fight.
User avatar

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:09 am

Timbales wrote:I don't feel there was enough of a a build up, and the final words leading to blows were just too cliche.

4 issues, not to mention a few decades, is not enough of a build up for you?

FUNK DAT!!! :P
User avatar

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:20 am

Zenguru wrote:4 issues, not to mention a few decades, is not enough of a build up for you?

FUNK DAT!!! :P


Yeah, they've had their disagreements, but I just felt the trigger wasn't justifiable.

And the whole Jean thing is just played out.

Christopher Charles Rucker

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:05 am

dairydead wrote:i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?


Scott has plenty of regret, but as leader it's his job to make hard choices and he makes them. He did have a point, if they run away from Utopia, there's no place left for them to go, they'll just be hunted down until they're all dead. If they have any chance of survival or any future they have fight then or now.

Or at least that's what I got from it
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:07 am

Timbales wrote:
Yeah, they've had their disagreements, but I just felt the trigger wasn't justifiable.

And the whole Jean thing is just played out.
No, the Jean thing is always there. Always boiling beneath the surface between these 2 guys.

I just curious to see how long Scott can hold his own against Logan.

Scott's a great fighter and a tremendous leader but if Logan wanted him dead, this would be a quick fight.

I'm going to suspend reality (yes, this is a comic book) a bit and see how long this fight lasts...

Christopher Charles Rucker

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:10 am

dairydead wrote:
they've seen combat only because Scott has bred them to become soldiers, and made them believe that they are always under attack and that they NEED to fight to survive. the hard descision would be to sacrifice your home, and not become some over-zealous mutant army like scott would like.


He made them believe that because it's true. Every country has Sentinels locked and loaded, they are ALWAYS under attack and they NEED to fight to survive. Utopia is where they are the strongest, if they flee, then there is no alternative, they're just going to keep running and keep being hunted down until they're all dead. If they're gonna win, they're gonna have to make a stand, nothing over zealous about it
User avatar

contramundi

cheese

Postby contramundi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:12 am

Christopher Charles Rucker wrote:
Scott has plenty of regret, but as leader it's his job to make hard choices and he makes them. He did have a point, if they run away from Utopia, there's no place left for them to go, they'll just be hunted down until they're all dead. If they have any chance of survival or any future they have fight then or now.

Or at least that's what I got from it


yup,the issue is not fighting for your home,is using the kids as soldiers,they were suppot to not have to go through this,as a military i understand his way of thinking,but scott is still wrong there

Christopher Charles Rucker

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:15 am

dairydead wrote:
still doesn't make sense. A person doesn't need to be a saint to understand that a man that is brainwashing children to kill is a bad thing. Sure Wolverine has done some bad things, but in his eyes, that sort of thing has always been his burden to bear. Cyclops doesn't care who's life he ruins, as long as it "protects" his kind.


At the end of the day Cyclops is trying to keep these kids alive, if it were up to him he wouldn't have these kids in harm's way, but it isn't so he's just playing the hand he's dealt

"When you stand on the brink of extinction, you can no longer afford the luxury of noncombatants"
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:16 am

Christopher Charles Rucker wrote:
He made them believe that because it's true. Every country has Sentinels locked and loaded, they are ALWAYS under attack and they NEED to fight to survive. Utopia is where they are the strongest, if they flee, then there is no alternative, they're just going to keep running and keep being hunted down until they're all dead. If they're gonna win, they're gonna have to make a stand, nothing over zealous about it
Then they all die.

Logan's right. To fight another day, they must flee.
User avatar

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:23 am

I can see both sides of it. It's not like Wolverine really gave a shit when the New Mutants got in fights back in the day.
User avatar

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:25 am

GOSD wrote:No, the Jean thing is always there. Always boiling beneath the surface between these 2 guys.


I get that, but when the island is under attack by a mega-sentinel and you're both concerned about survival and the kids, it just seemed childish

Christopher Charles Rucker

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:30 am

contramundi wrote:
yup,the issue is not fighting for your home,is using the kids as soldiers,they were suppot to not have to go through this,as a military i understand his way of thinking,but scott is still wrong there


"I know it's not fair to ask this much of you. I wish we lived in a world where you could all afford to act your age. But such is not the hand we've been dealt"

What is the alternative here? Even if you let the kid's run, the rest of the world is basically shark infested waters.

Christopher Charles Rucker

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:32 am

GOSD wrote:Then they all die.

Logan's right. To fight another day, they must flee.


Utopia is the only place in the world where there's not a Sentinel glove pointed at them. There's no future for them if they leave now, they'll just be scattered hunted and destroyed

Christopher Charles Rucker

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 am

Timbales wrote:
I get that, but when the island is under attack by a mega-sentinel and you're both concerned about survival and the kids, it just seemed childish


Maybe, but I looked at it like the confrontation was just degenerating into the eventual fight. First it's the immediate disagreement over the use of kids, then the ongoing issues they've had over the years, then before things got physical, they just traded personal barbs
User avatar

contramundi

cheese

Postby contramundi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:14 am

Christopher Charles Rucker wrote:
"I know it's not fair to ask this much of you. I wish we lived in a world where you could all afford to act your age. But such is not the hand we've been dealt"

What is the alternative here? Even if you let the kid's run, the rest of the world is basically shark infested waters.


if they flee they might find a new home..in space,in an underground base whatever...if the kids die..theres goes the future of the race youre trying to ensure.....

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BarrySagittarius, Bianco, crawley, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], IvCNuB4, Kravis, oogy and 224 guests