Advertisement

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 194 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Re: X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers)

Postby GOSD » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 am

contramundi wrote:
if they flee they might find a new home..in space,in an underground base whatever...if the kids die..theres goes the future of the race youre trying to ensure.....
Exactly.

They can fight another day.

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 am

Timbales wrote:I can see both sides of it. It's not like Wolverine really gave a shit when the New Mutants got in fights back in the day.

if i remember correctly, xavier wasn't teaching them to be an army. 9 times out of 10 they snuck away and got involved in the action, or had something happen that caused them to be involved. Its different with the current generation, Cyclops is actively training them to be his own personal cannon fodder. I'm actually very surprised Anole would stay around. Mainly since when they moved to SF, he left the X-Men because Cyclops was turning them into soldiers..

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:12 am

e_galston wrote:
if i remember correctly, xavier wasn't teaching them to be an army. 9 times out of 10 they snuck away and got involved in the action, or had something happen that caused them to be involved. Its different with the current generation, Cyclops is actively training them to be his own personal cannon fodder. I'm actually very surprised Anole would stay around. Mainly since when they moved to SF, he left the X-Men because Cyclops was turning them into soldiers..

I disagree with that statement. He's training them to survive in a world that would rather they didn't exist.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Christopher Charles Rucker
Whippersnapper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 am

contramundi wrote:
if they flee they might find a new home..in space,in an underground base whatever...if the kids die..theres goes the future of the race youre trying to ensure.....

They MIGHT find a new home, but most likely they'd be hunted down a killed systematically by the shark infested waters of the outside world flooded with Sentinels. I think the best chance was to somehow win on Utopia, at least Scott has some kind of a plan

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am

e_galston wrote:

Back in the day the world wasn't openly building Sentinels to kill them all and the race was over 200 and counting

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:41 am

Wow. I think we can safely say that this is the best X-Men story in a long time. When Cyclops and Wolverine finally came to blows, it was just epic, a fight for the ages, especially when drawn by Alan Davis, who is an absolute legend, and he and Aaron choreographed the fight so well. I think what makes this event really work is that in essence, both Wolverine and Cyclops have a point. Scott is being realistic, but very cold-hearted, whereas Logan is acting out of kindness, but showing a surprising amount of naïveté. I love seeing how different people are taking each side online, it shows how good Jason Aaron is as a writer that the fandom is so split itself. I myself haven’t really picked a side, but know for sure that I’m going to picking up both Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine & The X-Men come the end of this event. This is Event Comics they should be done, and just a fantastic comic, I can’t wait for the final chapter.

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 132 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:56 am

I'm, frankly, suprised at the number of people who say they should just run away. Where exactly? The moon? And what happens when the nations of the world decide to point the Sentinals there? Keep running? Shouldn't the X-Men make a stand for their very right to exist rather than turn tail and let humanity designatate them unworthy to do so? Yeah, it sucks that Scott had to get the kids involve, but when your group numbers less than 200, I think everyone gets to play a hand in the fight for existance. Just my two cents on the issue.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby contramundi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:59 am

if the kids die..wheres the continuation of the species?i brought this up since so many of you think because theure less than 200 they can be extreme about everything :-D
should we lose what makes us special and unique just for the right of being right~?or making a point,however important it may be at the expense of teens and kids?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:16 pm

contramundi wrote:if the kids die..wheres the continuation of the species?i brought this up since so many of you think because theure less than 200 they can be extreme about everything :-D
should we lose what makes us special and unique just for the right of being right~?or making a point,however important it may be at the expense of teens and kids?

very true.. and seeing as how Hope is one of 2 people who can bring back mutants it seems, might not be a good idea to have her in a situation where she could die.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 20 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Punchy wrote:Wow. I think we can safely say that this is the best X-Men story in a long time. When Cyclops and Wolverine finally came to blows, it was just epic, a fight for the ages, especially when drawn by Alan Davis, who is an absolute legend, and he and Aaron choreographed the fight so well. I think what makes this event really work is that in essence, both Wolverine and Cyclops have a point. Scott is being realistic, but very cold-hearted, whereas Logan is acting out of kindness, but showing a surprising amount of naïveté. I love seeing how different people are taking each side online, it shows how good Jason Aaron is as a writer that the fandom is so split itself. I myself haven’t really picked a side, but know for sure that I’m going to picking up both Uncanny X-Men and Wolverine & The X-Men come the end of this event. This is Event Comics they should be done, and just a fantastic comic, I can’t wait for the final chapter.

Agree 100%.

Aaron did a great job letting the pictures do the talking. The part where Scott fires at the Sentinel only for it to appear again through the fog was straight out of a movie. It made the Sentinel a very real and scary threat.

This is my favorite event right now and I look forward to the battle in the next issue of which the preview pages look amazing.

Aaron is currently the best writer in comics and Davis, who is always great, picked up his game even more for this one.

10/10
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Whippersnapper

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

contramundi wrote:if the kids die..wheres the continuation of the species?i brought this up since so many of you think because theure less than 200 they can be extreme about everything :-D

If the kids run and Cyclops and Wolvie fight and die on the island, then what? They're just kids in shark infested waters waiting to be eliminated by Sentinels. The best chance for their survival was to fight on Utopia
Last edited by Christopher Charles Rucker on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blah
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post

Postby blah » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:52 pm

I am really liking the division the series is making in this thread.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby contramundi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Christopher Charles Rucker wrote:
If the kids run and Cyclops and Wolvie fight and die on the island, then what? They're just kids in shark infested waters waiting to be eliminated by Sentinels. The best chance for their survival was to fight on Utopia

so in shark infested waters theire just kids...against mega sentinels their soldiers?greater chances os living agaisnt that sentinel hun...?

George_Kaplan
rubber spoon

Postby George_Kaplan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm with Wolverine on this one. Retreat. Regroup. Retaliate.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:01 pm

if they run, they wouldn't just be running by themselves though, all the x-men would eventually meet up some where. i mean they still have the big compound in Marin County.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand