Advertisement

X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 300 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 pm

I should just say this now:

Fuck Spider Island, Fear Itself, Flashpoint and the New 52....this right here is the event of the year. Best in a long time.

I came in ready to be underwhelmed but this book is actually convincing me to give a Bachalo drawn X-Men book a shot.

Advertisement

Christopher Charles Rucker
Whippersnapper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Christopher Charles Rucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

contramundi wrote:
so in shark infested waters theire just kids...against mega sentinels their soldiers?greater chances os living agaisnt that sentinel hun...?

Against the mega sentinel, they can make a stand, potentially win or hold off until the reinforcements get there. Outside of Utopia there's NOWHERE to go

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 610 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Christopher Charles Rucker wrote:
Against the mega sentinel, they can make a stand, potentially win or hold off until the reinforcements get there. Outside of Utopia there's NOWHERE to go

there's plenty of places to go. As i said Worthington STILL owns the Greymalkin Industries complex they lived in pre-Utopia. Pretty sure Captain America wouldn't let them just die.. and lets see there's Storm who is the Queen of country, where they'd more than likely be able to stay. Or the Savage Land. Rogue knows where the place they stayed in the Australian Outback is. there are plenty of places to go that don't involve dieing fighting a giant sentinel on a small island.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:00 pm

The way Wolverine and Cyclops are brawling I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the ending is the Avengers coming in to take down the Mega Sentinel and Cap telling them off for being stubborn bastards.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:04 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The way Wolverine and Cyclops are brawling I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the ending is the Avengers coming in to take down the Mega Sentinel and Cap telling them off for being stubborn bastards.

be even better if Storm was the one who flys in and separates them.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Christopher Charles Rucker wrote:

e_galston just referenced plenty of spots..even space may be an option since you dwell on the "if" possibilities of they possibly die by sharks or possibly rally and take an ubber sentinel..what about the others in the if scenario :D
i continue to think that extreme situations dont give us the right to take extreme actions like that,turning childs or teens who are the remaining of a spceies and make a last stand when they all could die,was that the way of the x-men earlier?its dire i know,but still..cyclops is willing to give everything up to make a point,to say that is his island,to brag about being "right"
there is no right ou wrong here,only possibilities which could give them more room to act,there not a formula for living or staying alive in battle,we train to do what affords us the best course of action,to me,the retreat should do it for the dwedling race of x-men lol

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:30 pm

America's top cop Captain America could give them any super secret decommissioned base. Worthington has his company to bring in mutants worldwide like the X-Corp did in Morrison's run.

Utopia was more a political statement, an FU we're standing strong on our own rather than a stronghold. If anything, it was a target for everyone that wanted to take on the X-Men and had never been very safe. Bastion, Selene, the Breakworld dorks o name a few all tore the place up. It was no safer than the X-Mansion.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 584 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:09 pm

Yeah I get there are places they could go, but there are not many if any places they can go that the Sentinels will not find them and try to continue to destroy.

I think what Scott is doing is just trying to make a statement. Stand here and fight, win or lose, we are not running in fear anymore. I can respect that.

I also see Wolverines point of view to retreat, and live to fight another day. I just think that Scott has got tried of all the shit and is ready to make that final stand. Yes he is asking a lot of other mutants to put their lives, hell their entire species on the line, but I don't and haven't seen Scott force anyone to do anything yet.

I am more inclined to agree with Scott at this point.

And I think this is one of the best stories all the way around that I have read in a long time.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 pm

it'd be one thing if the majority of the students were trained well but since the vast majority of the kids on the island are the Lights, who barely have a grasp on their own powers. Then you add Hellion who hasn't had that much control of his powers in a while, Pixie who can't do her magic, Anole whose powers lend themselves to running away, and Rockslide. That's really not the good of a group of people to fight that massive sentinel.

then add the fact that you have injured people in the infirmary.

I can see making a stand if he had a team of highly trained X-Men backing him up, but he doesn't. Staying and fighting is really just asking for the kids to die.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 68 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:44 pm

I didn't want to get involved in the argument of stay vs. run away, but of course they should have run away.

Strategic retreat. Get away till the A listers come back or till the Avengers or FF can come help.

Why would you sit and die while Magneto and Namor are out of commission?
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby dairydead » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:48 pm

what i think some people are forgetting is that the sentinels are a reaction to Scott's militaristic stances. The way the public sees mutants is completely controlled by what scott decides to show the public. Its silly to think that Scott is doing something admirable, he dug his own grave.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:51 pm

dairydead wrote:what i think some people are forgetting is that the sentinels are a reaction to Scott's militaristic stances. The way the public sees mutants is completely controlled by what scott decides to show the public. Its silly to think that Scott is doing something admirable, he dug his own grave.

quoted for the muthafucking truth there!

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 828 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm

dairydead wrote:i don't understand how anyone is on scott's side.... he's become a villain. How can you argue against using young children as pawns and weapons with little to no remorse?

You make a good point. I mean, how can you side with someone who takes little mallrats wearing bright ass yellow jackets into the seediest parts of Madripoor with him? Who takes folks and recruits them for his death squad? Who makes out with his married teammate? Yeah...

Wait, what?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:48 pm

HNutz wrote:
You make a good point. I mean, how can you side with someone who takes little mallrats wearing bright ass yellow jackets into the seediest parts of Madripoor with him? Who takes folks and recruits them for his death squad? Who makes out with his married teammate? Yeah...

Wait, what?

uh.. Cyclop's was the one who recruited the first X-Force kill squad by the way NOT wolverine. And Wolverine's X-Force - all killers, besides Betsy at the time, who was there to keep Warren from losing it (originally).

And the whole thing with Jubilee, she was there so he didn't go off the deep end. And its not like she was an innocent girl who never saw anything bad. Didn't she watch her parents die or something like that. She's a girl who did whatever she needed to do to survive. She lived on the streets. it wasn't like she was a girl from a nice household who just happened to go to the mall. She lived at the mall because she was homeless.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Beast!

Re: X-Men Schism #4 (Spoilers) Discussion

Postby J.M. Hunter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:12 am

Best X-men story in a long time! And of course Wolverine is right. I hope they do a storyline one day where the mutants just say fuck it. And they all decide to leave earth and go into space...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand