Advertisement

Mighty Thor #17 (Amora, I hate you Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Mighty Thor #17 (Amora, I hate you Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:11 am

Matt Fraction wraps up both the story of Don Blake and Jeff The Emo Kid this issue, and I’m not sure how I feel about this story, it still seems rather disjointed. I did like that the solution to Don Blake’s problems lied with The Mares, but I still think there are unanswered questions about the nature of Don and Thor’s… relationship I’d guess you’d call it. It was also good how Fraction used a character type that’s normally used as a scapegoat for all that’s wrong in society as the example of what’s great in humanity. Jeff was a pretty interesting character, and that last page was a excellent HEAVY METAL image. It was also refreshing the way Fraction approached the Mares in the end, they weren’t really villains, dreams are they only way they can communicate, it’s quite tragic. And also you have the Enchantress getting cast out with her new Executioner. It seems like that pair are favourite of Fraction, I remember that Thor: God-Sized book by him that was basically an Executioner story, I hope they’ll back. So yeah, a lot going on and I don’t feel like it had much space. Perhaps it was all wrapped up too quickly to make room for the crossover with Journey Into Mystery. Speaking of that crossover, I don’t read JiM, I hope I don’t miss out on anything by avoiding the ‘Tumblr feels’ that book generates in it’s fans. I hate feels, just say feelings! And communicate with words! Not gifs! Ahem.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand