Advertisement

Mighty Thor #18 (I remain mysterious, even to me Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Mighty Thor #18 (I remain mysterious, even to me Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm

I don’t read Journey Into Mystery, so I don’t know if the events of this issue have been set up there or not, but for me, this stuff, despite kind of coming out of nowhere, got me pretty excited for what looks to be an epic Thor story. Strange mystical fires are popping up all over Broxton, and Thor can’t do anything about it. Plus, a bunch of Magpies are also catching fire and Jeff The Goth from the last arc seems to have been possessed by something. It’s bad shit. Loki goes to see Freyja and we get a flashback to the war between the Aesier and the Vanir, and how the Vanir went to Surtur for help. Hmmm, mysterious fires, massive demon-god-thing that’s made of fire, could there be a connection? This basically spells a team-up between Thor and Loki, and some fun back-and-forth-dialogue between the two brothers. Then at the end there’s a great scene where the frickin’ World Tree is on fire! The title of this story is no joke, everything does indeed burn. The best thing about this issue is that Fraction is joined by Alan Davis on art, who does his usual Alan Davis thing by being totally fucking awesome and making everything look fantastic. I guess I’ll have to break my JiM-duck next week by picking up part 2 as I’m actually interested in what’s going to happen, I just hope it’s not as annoying as it’s Tumblr-fans are. I like Gillen and I like the idea of Kid Loki, so we shall see.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Re: Mighty Thor #18 (I remain mysterious, even to me Spoiler

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Agreed with this entire assessment...especially the Alan Davis art. I guess I'm in for the next JiM too.

Tattooed Jesus
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 698 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Mighty Thor #18 (I remain mysterious, even to me Spoiler

Postby Tattooed Jesus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Yeah all the set up for this story was done over the last few issues of Journey Into Mystery which is really fucking good by the way. I love Alan Davis artwork but I really loved his artwork on Thor and his cast of characters. This was a fantastic issue and the story to follow, I am sure it is going to be all kinds of badass!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand