Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "At least we're not ComicBook.com!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Mighty Thor #7 (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I’m not sure where I stand on this one. I get what Fraction is trying to do in having the prologue and exposition for Fear Itself actually happen after the event has finished, but I’m not sure if it worked, things in that story make sense now retroactively, but I can’t help but feel that fan response to FI would have been more positive on the whole if we had known this stuff about Cul and Odin beforehand. But it’s all moot now, in generations to come readers can do just that. As it stands this is just a damn good single issue that sheds a lot of light on the back-story of Odin and features some great Godly dialogue and fight scenes and fantastic art from Pasqual Ferry. I’m not sure where this book is going now that Thor is dead, but if it continues to be this good without him (yes, I know he appears as a baby), I don’t mind. Essential reading for Fear Itself fans methinks.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:08 pm

Fraction has yet to write a good thor story.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:11 am

Punchy wrote: Essential reading for Fear Itself fans methinks.

so no one should read this?

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am

Rockman wrote:Fraction has yet to write a good thor story.

Actually a lot of the one shots he wrote when JMS was going months in between issues were amazing.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:42 am

Way to spoil that he died last week, Niam. :roll:

Some people still haven't gotten their comics yet.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:11 am

GOSD wrote:Way to spoil that he died last week, Niam. :roll:

Well that's their fault.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:05 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Actually a lot of the one shots he wrote when JMS was going months in between issues were amazing.

I do remember those being very well recieved at the time, so he has yet to write a good one since he took over for Gillen.

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Yea he doesnt care. He's been doing it for a while. Most of the time spoiling the comic in the title of the thread but its okay since he's Nieo's little "friend."

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

give him a break! how else is he supposed to have this stupid gimmick if he's not allowed to spoil things every once and a while?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 am

:roll:

So what, want me to wait until the hardcover is out? Until the paperback?

Keep whining, crybabies.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:55 am

Besides, they were saying that Thor would die in the solicitations about 3 months ago! This is not a big deal, stop moaning and get off my back.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 am

Punchy wrote::roll:

So what, want me to wait until the hardcover is out? Until the paperback?

Keep whining, crybabies.

A lot of people get their comics shipped via DCBS or other mail-order services. I know my books won't show up until Monday or Tuesday of next week, and that would be all the stuff from last week and this week. So your spoilery thread titles tend to be annoying, unless it's really vague stuff.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:29 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:
A lot of people get their comics shipped via DCBS or other mail-order services. I know my books won't show up until Monday or Tuesday of next week, and that would be all the stuff from last week and this week. So your spoilery thread titles tend to be annoying, unless it's really vague stuff.

I've had people have ago at me for being too vague!

I can't win.

rdrsfn82

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 am

You could leave the spoilers out of the titles altogether and just say Mighty Thor #7. :smt102

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 am

rdrsfn82 wrote:You could leave the spoilers out of the titles altogether and just say Mighty Thor #7. :smt102

That makes too much sense. And none of the mods seem to care.

Its about time for a vote of no confidence in them.

leave a comment with facebook