Advertisement

Mighty Thor #14 (Unresolved Confliction Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Mighty Thor #14 (Unresolved Confliction Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri May 25, 2012 1:35 pm

This issue took 3 seemingly separate plotlines and advanced them on. I enjoyed each of them to an extent, but I really do wish they were a bit more connected, because at the moment, this title feels rather unfocussed. My favourite plotline was Don Blake and Enchantress, where he begins the process of becoming a God, there was some great moments here, like the return of the golden apples of Idunn, and the truly freaky stuff at the end where Don had his head chopped off. I’m not even sure if I want to know what kind of God he’s going to become! The plot with Thor and the little goblin dude trapped in a Nightmare was only OK, I liked how Fraction depicted the dream reality, and the general tone of uneasiness, but it didn’t really get good until Zombie Odin showed up. The other plotline, with some Broxton goth kid running away from home seemed out of place, but I’m sure it’s going to link into one of the other stories soon enough, perhaps he’ll become a host to the Mares or something, he was panting ‘Hail Satan’ after all.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand