Advertisement

Moon Knight #7 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Moon Knight #7 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 am

Count Nefaria is revealed as the Kingpin of LA and although we pretty much had all guessed it, was still cool to see him show up. And then have his ass kicked by Moon Knight! How embarrassing for him. One of the things I like about this book is how Bendis is really embracing the idea that he is writing for a C-List character, both in-universe and out. Every time some character makes fun of Moon Knight for being lame it makes me smile. It’s a bit like what Johns is doing with Aquaman, but perhaps a little less on-the-nose. It just gives the book a lot more freedom, Moon Knight isn’t that important, so Bendis can get a little wild. Maleev’s art was as wonderful as always, he’s just a great fit for this book.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 290 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Moon Knight #7 (I thought he died last week? Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Punchy wrote:Count Nefaria is revealed as the Kingpin of LA and although we pretty much had all guessed it, was still cool to see him show up. And then have his ass kicked by Moon Knight! How embarrassing for him. One of the things I like about this book is how Bendis is really embracing the idea that he is writing for a C-List character, both in-universe and out. Every time some character makes fun of Moon Knight for being lame it makes me smile. It’s a bit like what Johns is doing with Aquaman, but perhaps a little less on-the-nose. It just gives the book a lot more freedom, Moon Knight isn’t that important, so Bendis can get a little wild. Maleev’s art was as wonderful as always, he’s just a great fit for this book.

I agree with your other points, by I disagree with this one. Johns doing this with Aquaman was one of big reasons why I didn't like the first issue of that series. Its not as huge a factor in Bendis' writing in Moon Knight, but if it was I'd have dropped this series after the first issue.

Thank you Troy for the sig

MikeinLA
crash test dummy

Liked in: 28 posts

Postby MikeinLA » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 am

Not to turn this into a "versus" thread, but how was Moon Knight able to beat up Count Nefaria, who last I heard was powerful enough to fight entire teams of Avengers by himself?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:41 am

MikeinLA wrote:Not to turn this into a "versus" thread, but how was Moon Knight able to beat up Count Nefaria, who last I heard was powerful enough to fight entire teams of Avengers by himself?

He used something which removed Nefaria's superpowers temporarily, probably SPIN-tech.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 135 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:42 am

Punchy wrote:Count Nefaria is revealed as the Kingpin of LA and although we pretty much had all guessed it, was still cool to see him show up. And then have his ass kicked by Moon Knight! How embarrassing for him.

One of the things I like about this book is how Bendis is really embracing the idea that he is writing for a C-List character, both in-universe and out. Every time some character makes fun of Moon Knight for being lame it makes me smile.

It’s a bit like what Johns is doing with Aquaman, but perhaps a little less on-the-nose. It just gives the book a lot more freedom, Moon Knight isn’t that important, so Bendis can get a little wild. Maleev’s art was as wonderful as always, he’s just a great fit for this book.

Hab

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:45 am

habitual wrote:
Hab

Go

Screw

A

Chimp

Is that enough paragraphs for you?

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 135 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 am

Yes, but, the grammar is still terrible.

Hab

Kolimar
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Bear-hugger
Formerly: Kolimar

Postby Kolimar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Punchy wrote:
Go

Screw

A

Chimp

Is that enough paragraphs for you?

:lol:
"Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
Nah, never happen.
Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"It is often forgotten that (dictionaries) are artificial repositories, put together well after the languages they define. The roots of language are irrational and of a magical nature." - Jorge Luis Borges, Prologue to "El otro, el mismo."

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"

Kolimar
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Bear-hugger
Formerly: Kolimar

Postby Kolimar » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:48 pm

habitual wrote:Yes, but, the grammar is still terrible.

Hab

:lol: :-D
"Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
Nah, never happen.
Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"It is often forgotten that (dictionaries) are artificial repositories, put together well after the languages they define. The roots of language are irrational and of a magical nature." - Jorge Luis Borges, Prologue to "El otro, el mismo."

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

"Omne animal triste est post coitum"

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:59 am

habitual wrote:Yes, but, the grammar is still terrible.

Hab

You cant expect the English to have speak English. :twisted:
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 am

avengingtitan wrote:You cant expect the English to have speak English. :twisted:

To have speak English?

Irony alert.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand