Advertisement

Morning Glories #11 (Long live the Dick Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Morning Glories #11 (Long live the Dick Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:55 am

This issue was really fun, and it was great to get some insight on Ike, he’s such a magnificent bastard, but he has hidden depths too. I really like the LOSTian nature of the flashbacks too, and how they simultaneously reveal a lot but also pose more questions. So Ike’s dad is Abraham? And he’s the guy who gave Hunter the watch, and rescued Jun? Did he fake his own death, or was the father Ike killed just who he thought was his dad? Brain… melts… The teachers in this book continue to be very creepy, when Miss Daramount was flirting with Ike, doing her whole ‘sexy librarian takes of glasses and shakes her hair’ thing, it was simultaneously scary and sexy. Just how I like it.

Advertisement

Sromkie
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Morning Glories #11 (Long live the Dick Spoilers)

Postby Sromkie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 am

Well, Ike clearly thought he had killed his father, so a faked death would have probably been tricky to pull off. If you are in control of all of the variables, then faking your own death seems doable to some degree. But, if you want it to look like someone else killed you... someone that doesn't know you are faking your death, well, that adds a whole new set of complications.

What I found funny was how Ike reacted to seeing his father again, though... The sigh he expressed makes me think he's in his head going, "Of course it's him." He doesn't seem as surprised as he should be. Yet, with all the craziness he has witnessed so far, maybe he's just learned to expect the unexpected. If not for the first three pages of the issue, the last three pages would have made me think that Ike was helping his father to fake his death.

It's amazing that after 11 issues, we still don't know much at all. With LOST, we may have had a ton of questions, but they doled out a lot of answers along the way too (It was just that every answer posed more questions). Here, I feel like it's just question after question with no answers. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, though, because I am still enjoying it (at least for now) :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 am

Sromkie wrote:Well, Ike clearly thought he had killed his father, so a faked death would have probably been tricky to pull off. If you are in control of all of the variables, then faking your own death seems doable to some degree. But, if you want it to look like someone else killed you... someone that doesn't know you are faking your death, well, that adds a whole new set of complications.

What I found funny was how Ike reacted to seeing his father again, though... The sigh he expressed makes me think he's in his head going, "Of course it's him." He doesn't seem as surprised as he should be. Yet, with all the craziness he has witnessed so far, maybe he's just learned to expect the unexpected. If not for the first three pages of the issue, the last three pages would have made me think that Ike was helping his father to fake his death.

It's amazing that after 11 issues, we still don't know much at all. With LOST, we may have had a ton of questions, but they doled out a lot of answers along the way too (It was just that every answer posed more questions). Here, I feel like it's just question after question with no answers. I guess I am a glutton for punishment, though, because I am still enjoying it (at least for now) :?

But his father is Abraham, the guy he was talking to at the start.

Sromkie
underclassman

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Sromkie » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:40 am

Punchy wrote:But his father is Abraham, the guy he was talking to at the start.

You know... When I was reading that, I just thought he was some other family member. If it was his father, then that changes everything in my head. Heh. Ok... So, if that's the case, then he was in on faking his father's death.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand