Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Better than Bleeding Cool by that much."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

New Avengers #22 and Avengers #23

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I can't wait for Bendis to leave.

In New Avengers, Luke Cage attacks the police. The "leader" of the New Avengers does this. Meanwhile, Bendis tries to show how everybody is double crossing everyone else. The whole thing tries to be edgy but just sucks and these Avengers are awful. And are they really called the "New Avengers" in the book too? That's lame. Oh, let's not forget that now they are torturers that beat up innocent women.

Avengers is also fucking stupid as Madame Hydra makes the dumbest fucking request of the US government for the lives of the Avengers. "Give us control of everything or we will kill these heroes who we have spent the last few issue branding as terrorists. WTF? Does anyone proofread Bendis' scripts? Why would the US Government accept this deal for the lives of the Avengers when you have made the public turn on them?

Meanwhile, Osborn now says he has some authority at the end and is ready to fight the Avengers who escaped. Why didn't he just kill them?

These books make about as much sense as Nacireman checking out a thread of hot girls.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:51 pm

I really wanna know how the Avengers are gonna stand any chance against the x-men. the last how many years they have fought the hood, and ninjas, and norman osborne.. where the x-men have fought sentinels, and nimrod, and bastian, and exodus..

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:I really wanna know how the Avengers are gonna stand any chance against the x-men. the last how many years they have fought the hood, and ninjas, and norman osborne.. where the x-men have fought sentinels, and nimrod, and bastian, and exodus..

And the Avengers always lose. Earth's Mightiest Heroes aren't that mighty.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Sitebreaker wrote:I really wanna know how the Avengers are gonna stand any chance against the x-men. the last how many years they have fought the hood, and ninjas, and norman osborne.. where the x-men have fought sentinels, and nimrod, and bastian, and exodus..

Because A) The Avengers have fought against a lot more threats than that and you know it so stop saying stupid generalising bullshit, how about the Skrulls? Or the Hammered-up people from Fear Itself. I get so sick of people bitching about ninjas all the time, it's probably been about 3 years since the last ninja showed up in Avengers, and B) because the X-Men's most recent fight was against... themselves, they're not a unified threat.

Nacmir

Garbage Collector

Postby Nacmir » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Punchy wrote:
Because A) The Avengers have fought against a lot more threats than that and you know it so stop saying stupid generalising bullshit, how about the Skrulls? Or the Hammered-up people from Fear Itself. I get so sick of people bitching about ninjas all the time, it's probably been about 3 years since the last ninja showed up in Avengers, and B) because the X-Men's most recent fight was against... themselves, they're not a unified threat.

Internet: people bitching about people bitching about people bitching.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Nacmir wrote:
Internet: people bitching about people bitching about people bitching.

Stop bitching!

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 pm

Punchy wrote:Because A) The Avengers have fought against a lot more threats than that and you know it so stop saying stupid generalising bullshit, how about the Skrulls? Or the Hammered-up people from Fear Itself. I get so sick of people bitching about ninjas all the time, it's probably been about 3 years since the last ninja showed up in Avengers, and B) because the X-Men's most recent fight was against... themselves, they're not a unified threat.

His comment wasn't about everybody the Avengers have fought, only about who they have fought recently. It seems like since Disassembled the Avengers haven't really been fighting villains who are of the caliber that they are used to fighting. Sure the Avengers fought the skrulls but so did every other hero and villain in the Marvel universe, including the X-Men.

To be honest, I see where Erik is coming from. The Avengers may be the more organized unit (currently, because they only recently stopped fighting among themselves) but the X-Men have some of the most powerful characters on Marvel's Earth. Plus, they have been consistently battling foes who threaten to annihilate their species.

e_galston

Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Sakie wrote:
His comment wasn't about everybody the Avengers have fought, only about who they have fought recently. It seems like since Disassembled the Avengers haven't really been fighting villains who are of the caliber that they are used to fighting. Sure the Avengers fought the skrulls but so did every other hero and villain in the Marvel universe, including the X-Men.

To be honest, I see where Erik is coming from. The Avengers may be the more organized unit (currently, because they only recently stopped fighting among themselves) but the X-Men have some of the most powerful characters on Marvel's Earth. Plus, they have been consistently battling foes who threaten to annihilate their species.

Yep and the worthy?? yeah the x-men fought them as well.

Nacmir

Garbage Collector

Postby Nacmir » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Punchy wrote:
Stop bitching!

:band It's the never ending stooory :band

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't see any problem with Luke Cage's actions. Dude was trying to get to his wife and baby.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

I can't defend Avengers anymore.

I have loved Bendis' run(s). Even this current volume.

This whole Norman Osborn/Hydra/HAMMER thing should've been great. It looked great on paper. But it's been a mess.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm

I am glad to see that Victoria Hand is on the up and up, I've grown to like her.

Also the Skaar moment was pretty cool too!

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

MistaT wrote:I don't see any problem with Luke Cage's actions. Dude was trying to get to his wife and baby.

Why? Were they in trouble? These were federal agents there to take him in for questioning. They even flashed a badge.

I don't even understand why they kept saying "I own this house." That was never the question. Inside or outside, the Avengers were to be taken in.

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I can't defend Avengers anymore.

I have loved Bendis' run(s). Even this current volume.

This whole Norman Osborn/Hydra/HAMMER thing should've been great. It looked great on paper. But it's been a mess.

I agree. I'm not a Bendis hater. I just am sick of him on Avengers.

His writing feels like he just shits out a story in 20 minutes.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

This was horrid.

leave a comment with facebook