Saturday, May 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

New Avengers 22: It goes the only way it could (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 am

We all know the drill: I don't/won't spoil on the day of release, but others might. So beware! You've been warned!

But, in general: Really, this issue pretty much was what you expected, if you've read both Avengers and New Avengers, recent Marvel history dating back from the creation of the Illuminati through Planet Hulk/World War Hulk to now.

It went the only way it could, after the last issue. And once you read it, you can get a pretty good idea how "Time Runs Out" is going to be structured, at least at the start.

I think Hickman played fair with the characters, as they've been portrayed for years now. It's been interesting reading the thread for NA 21 -- I've enjoyed the debates, and I've read all the posts -- and, again, I think it's fine that Hickman didn't let the characters off the hook.

Certainly, we can debate how they got there, in the respect of how the comics industry got them there. But this issue...it's a subtle little issue, in a few ways. There is definitely fodder for creators to mine in years to come, should the Marvel Universe remain relatively intact after "Time Runs Out."

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:35 pm

ohhhhhh yeah, this was the shit. i forgive the 5-6 issue bump in the road this title took around Infinity, this current arc has been dynamite, and this my have been the best issue of this book yet. all the Panther/Namor stuff that's been building since Avengers vs. X-Men finally hit critical mass, and it was awesome. can't wait to see what the future holds for the Illuminati and these individual characters coming out of this.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:13 pm

It was kinda cartoony (odd, given the subject matter).

And one person practically became a supervillain.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:37 pm

HNutz wrote:It was kinda cartoony (odd, given the subject matter).

And one person practically became a supervillain.

yeah, but that's a line he's walked for 50 years now. it fluctuates.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:08 pm

He acted like a king!

Hickman better come through with the confrontation between Namor and T'Challa after a build up like this.

Hab

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:08 am

HNutz wrote:It was kinda cartoony (odd, given the subject matter).

Kev Walker was a perfect choice for the art, right :roll:

LMAO at this facial expression Black Bolt makes:

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:14 am

Someone needs to use that face as an avatar.

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 am

Mr. Log wrote:Someone needs to use that face as an avatar.

thanks for the idea :-D

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:48 am

chap22 wrote:yeah, but that's a line he's walked for 50 years now. it fluctuates.

True, but this is very Doctor Doom-like...

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:49 am

As I said, with the last issue, Namor has been a villain(hard core) for the last 10-15 years and he is one here. no real surprises here.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:16 pm

chap22 wrote:yeah, but that's a line he's walked for 50 years now. it fluctuates.

Yeah, he flooded New York with a tsunami early in his history for crying out loud. It's not like this should be a shock.

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:51 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Yeah, he flooded New York with a tsunami early in his history for crying out loud. It's not like this should be a shock.

Namor's not evil, he has an oxygen imbalance that causes manic-depressive mood swings

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 am

After this issue, Namor is a dead man walking.

It's only a matter of time.

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 pm

GOSD wrote:After this issue, Namor is a dead man walking.

It's only a matter of time.

Cyclops protects all mutants! :-D

Marvel's first mutant has powerful friends :P

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:02 pm

HNutz wrote:
True, but this is very Doctor Doom-like...

I think, much like his FF run, Doom is Hickman's big card to be played late in the run.

That dinner in Latveria with Reed and Dr. Strange is still one of my favorite parts of this storyline.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook