Advertisement

New Avengers #21 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

New Avengers #21 (spoilers)

Postby Frag » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:57 pm

So there was some good and bad in this issue.

The good: Cool fight scene with Clor. Spider-Man saving everyone and thinking on his feet. Cage getting his ass kicked.

The bad: Mockingbird wanting to be thrown back into the fight against Clor. The people turning on the Avengers again. And finally...The Avengers are to be brought in for questioning. Oh great. Now Bendis can have a 6 issue arc of the Avengers giving their statements to the Feds.
Jude Terror wrote:I'll vote for NPWFBH in the next election.

Outhouse Post #1,000,000:

Frag It wrote::smt117

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 342 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: New Avengers #21 (spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Magneto was right. The normal humans of the Marvel Universe deserve death!! The only normal people are the mutants and the super powered ones. Everyone else deserves death!!

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

arcana
hobo killer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Endlessly Dreaming

Postby arcana » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Death to the humans! Mutant supremacy! Yes!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Whilst this week’s issue of Avengers focussed on the aftermath of fights, this one was all about the action as the New Avengers took on Ragnarok, AKA Clor. This was a really enjoyable fight, and I found it to be quite unique in how it focussed on what Spider-Man was doing, which was rescuing the others, rather on the main action, it was a cool idea, and it reinforced how Ragnarok was a level above Spider-Man without spelling it out in an obvious way. That’s not to say that Bendis and Deodato skimped on action, Wolverine’s relentless stabbing of Ragnarok was great, as was the way it ended with Iron Fist punching his lights out. And then after all of the punching, it got back to the fact that all of this was a distraction from Norman Osborn’s PR war, it really is a refreshing way for a villain to try and win. I just hope that the way the Avengers win this fight isn’t just a punch-up.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 pm

I think this book is useless at this point. In this arc, at least.

It used to be the better book, but since one long story now runs through both, the real meat of it seems to be in Avengers proper, whereas this is basically the companion book. The Frontline of the Avengers books, if you will.

And this issue was boring as fuck.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Zechs wrote:Magneto was right. The normal humans of the Marvel Universe deserve death!! The only normal people are the mutants and the super powered ones. Everyone else deserves death!!

It seems like that at times doesn't it. :lol:

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Holland Oats wrote:I think this book is useless at this point. In this arc, at least.

It used to be the better book, but since one long story now runs through both, the real meat of it seems to be in Avengers proper, whereas this is basically the companion book. The Frontline of the Avengers books, if you will.

And this issue was boring as fuck.

I personally wouldn't describe it as boring, it's not the best thing I've ever read, but it's far from the worst. There are some things that are positive about the current story arc. I do enjoy the way Bendis writes Norman Osborne's smarmy attitude as an example.

Thank you Troy for the sig

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1143 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:45 pm

Did we really need Norman Osborn back so soon after he was the focus of Dark Reign and Siege? It feels like a useless sequel. All this ground has been covered before, recently amd better. The art was muddy and confusing too.

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 872 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Zechs wrote:Magneto was right. The normal humans of the Marvel Universe deserve death!! The only normal people are the mutants and the super powered ones. Everyone else deserves death!!

Start with Chicago

(MU Chicago of course)

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand