Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

New Avengers #25 SPOILERS

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Ok kind of a shocker, I REALLY enjoyed this book and think this might be the best offshoot of AvX.

It starts off with a vision of a girl that looks a great deal like Hope looking over the city of K'un Lun as the Phoenix Force appears above the city, then a splash page of a female Iron Fist with a phoenix emblem on her chest. The art was fucking fantastic on this issue. Yu Ti cruising through the city was awesome, Bendis really did well catching the voice and feel of the Immortal Iron Fist imo. The illustration on the last page of the book was great, I look forward to see where this book is going.

Bendis has somewhat redeemed himself from the shitfest the Avenger's books have been of late.

Hab

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:51 am

Did none of you humps actually read this?

It was pretty good.

Hab

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 am

I have this waiting for me at my store.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:47 am

What was the spoiler part?

I'm a month behind in my reading. Have the issue though.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:48 am

So while I heavily enjoyed the issue I am slightly confused....does this mean that someone with the phoenix force was once an iron fist?

I really can't wait to see this explored more in the coming months.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 pm

Great issue and fantastic art. I can't wait for the next issue... Glad to see the Iron Fist being a big part of AvX.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:23 pm

Really loved this issue, tying the Phoenix into the mythology of K'un Lun and the iron fist is just awesome!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

In my mind this might be the best Avengers issue that Bendis has done so far.

Hab

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:15 pm

habitual wrote:In my mind this might be the best Avengers issue that Bendis has done so far.

Hab

Wouldn't surprise me, as there were no actual Avengers even in it. Can't ruin characters if you don't write 'em!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:22 pm

You should check it out, the art was fantastic.

It and FF#16 were great.

Bendis would be so well suited to do a Shang Chi mini or a turn on the Immortal Iron Fist, much more than writing a team book.

Hab

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 pm

habitual wrote:You should check it out, the art was fantastic.

It and FF#16 were great.

Bendis would be so well suited to do a Shang Chi mini or a turn on the Immortal Iron Fist, much more than writing a team book.

Hab

I did read it, I agree with you, it was real good. Again, probably because he wrote about somebody other than the Avengers. :D

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:41 am

As a big Iron Fist fan I loved this issue and I can’t wait to see where this connection between the Iron Fist and the Phoenix is going. Much of the issue is a flash-back to hundreds of years ago as Yu-Ti The August Personage In Jade (always use the full name) is haunted by dreams of the Phoenix coming to Earth. Mike Deodato’s art is awesome in these dream sequences, some of his best work ever I think. It was great seeing these characters show up again and it’s cool to see that this crossover is about more than just Red Hulk punching Gambit or whatever, there’s a deeper story here.

leave a comment with facebook