Advertisement

New Avengers #43 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 442 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

New Avengers #43 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:30 pm

This was a surprizingly good issue.

Most of the duplicates in the Savage Land have come across as throwaway characters. The duplicate Captian America didn't seem to be any different in this way -- at least until this issue.

By the end I could understand the confusion he was going through as he died. It was impossible not to feel some empathy for him.

I ended up enjoying this much more than I though I would.

Advertisement

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:42 pm

I thought it was pretty good, too. It's nice that someone started a thread about this issue without bitching about it, claiming that nothing happened.
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 442 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:17 pm

cernunnos wrote:I thought it was pretty good, too. It's nice that someone started a thread about this issue without bitching about it, claiming that nothing happened.

To be fair to the people with that point of view, not a lot did happen. What did happen was just really well written though, making it a fun issue to read.

Pitt'o Nili was a man who gave up everything, including his memories and original identity, in the name of a cause he truely believed in. He ended up dyng all alone in confusion and fear. This came across so well that it made for a very powerful and compelling story.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand