Saturday, December 3, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New Captain America series, whaddya think?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

chap22 wrote:WTH was in today's issue you couldn't grasp about the plot? all you need to know is that Joker hates all the sidekicks and wants them gone (which he's made pretty clear in Batman 14 and 15), and he showed Bats video that they're all individually getting worked over while Bats is in Arkham fucking around with skin-mask. i mean really, that's the whle story in a nutshell.


:lol:

This issue was a mess in every way, the fight scenes were shorthand and the little images in that panel you mention weren't even that visually clear to me. All I saw was possibly faked or out of context pics of them each fighting something. And it was so obviously meant to refer to the tie-in issues.

Sure, you can skip it over the same way your can skip scenes in most similar movies. But that wasn't my initial point to begin with, it was precisely the opposite, dummies--that all those tie-ins aren't selling like hotcakes anymore because it's all been so strung out people are ready to cut to the chase (in this issue) and skip them. The buzz isn't buzzing so much anymore. Get to the point, Batman fights The Joker. (The preview post here got one response this time.) When this started, it was on fire. Now it's merely smouldering.

But thanks for the laughs watching you imagining you're trying to have an argument with me by making my point for me, Chappy. :-D

(But yes, I thought this issue was a mess compared to #s 14 & 15, both visually and narratively.)
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

My only problem is that we see Cap using his shield as as frying pan to boil some water. What the fuck? Isn't the shield made of an indestructible metal? There's no way it could be heated by a normal fire.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
:lol:

This issue was a mess in every way, the fight scenes were sketchy shorthand and the little images in that panel you mention weren't even that visually clear to me. All I saw was possibly faked or out of context pics of them each fighting something. And it was so obviously meant to refer to the tie-in issues.

Sure, you can skip it over the same way your can skip scenes in most similar movies. But that wasn't my initial point to begin with, it was precisely the opposite, dummies--that all those tie-ins aren't selling like hotcakes anymore because it's all been so strung out people are ready to cut to the chase (in this issue) and skip them. The buzz isn't buzzing so much anymore. Get to the point, Batman fights The Joker. (The preview post here got one response this time.) When this started, it was on fire. Now it's merely smouldering.

But thanks for the laughs watching you imagining you're trying to have an argument with me by making my point for me, Chappy. :-D

(But yes, I thought this issue was a mess compared to #s 14 & 15, both visually and narratively.)

meh, i missed your point (due to the fact your post was terribly poorly-worded :P :P :P ), and probably zero's too. i thought you were saying that by reading just Batman, you felt like you were missing out on a lot of important plot points, not that the quality was just slipping or that stuff wasn't selling. i agree the quality has nosedived since the first issue (legit good, everything since has been descending levels of crap) and i don't care if it's selling or not as i'm not a MGS-member, but i'm personally not habving any problem following the plot straight through Batman alone (mainly b/c there is barely a plot to speak of :lol: ).
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Another thing that bothers me is that between the first and second issue there is a one year gap. Was Remender paying homage to DC's OYL?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:42 pm

chap22 wrote:meh, i missed your point (due to the fact your post was terribly poorly-worded :P :P :P ), and probably zero's too. i thought you were saying that by reading just Batman, you felt like you were missing out on a lot of important plot points, not that the quality was just slipping or that stuff wasn't selling. i agree the quality has nosedived since the first issue (legit good, everything since has been descending levels of crap) and i don't care if it's selling or not as i'm not a MGS-member, but i'm personally not habving any problem following the plot straight through Batman alone (mainly b/c there is barely a plot to speak of :lol: ).


See, that's why I was teasing you, we can agree there's barely a plot to speak of...but (as I was implying) stretched over so many issues and tie-ins it's begun to show it's low thread count, as it were, even to more excited readers. (And it's obvious from watching the patterns by which the books sell in the LCS too. Losing speed on the tie-ins.)

And don't try to kid me, you old ambulance chaser, I was quite clear initially. That doesn't actually work for you, really, does it? :D

Back to Cap't America, I didn't even flip through it today. A meandering 10 issue arc and a promo for this issue on Bleeding Cool of him bearded and painting...no franks.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Grayson wrote:
I'm sure that Remender has some type of interesting twist in store but the fact that he kept mentioning Cap's headaches and the pain from the place where Zola injected him is still bothering him a "year" after he escaped, sorta throws up a red flag for me.



Oh, there's a twist alright. :lol:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Needs a haircut IMO.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm

i love this series.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:36 am

Issue 3 is out?
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:50 am

That issue was a bit boring...

Lol @ Cap painting.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:54 am

Yeah, I dunno. Sometimes I think Marvel and DC writers have too much room to tell their stories. Marvel more especially right now.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:48 am

He was a bit too emo in this issue.

Maybe in issue 4 he'll find an acoustic guitar and sing Death Cab for Cutie covers...
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 am

Am I the only one who has a problem with Cap using his shield as a kitchen implement?
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:06 pm

Arion wrote:Am I the only one who has a problem with Cap using his shield as a kitchen implement?

You should write a letter to Marvel ;)
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Oh, there's a twist alright. :lol:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Image


Yeah, I'm still not buying it. :P

Actually, it really does reinforce my theory because how are they going to fix that? That's not something that you can go to the doctor, have sewn up, and put some gauze over while it heals.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 36 guests