Advertisement

GL: New Guardians #0 (Not Movie-Zombies Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

GL: New Guardians #0 (Not Movie-Zombies Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 am

Much like the Zero Issue for Green Lantern, this one doesn’t do what most of the others are doing and stays in the present, picking up pretty much where #12 left off. Kyle returns to Earth to try and find Hal, but because he’s dead (yep, totally dead, don’t even try to argue), he has to team up with Carol Ferris to take down the left over Zombies from Black Hand’s attack. It was good to get what is essentially a Kyle solo story, and I’m very interested to see what his future holds. That glimpse of him in all the different Corps was very interesting, I’m excited to see my favourite GL take centre-stage in the Third Army story. Aaron Kuder’s art impressed me in this issue a lot too, after seeing him use a very goofy style in last week’s Avenging Spider-Man, he adjusted himself here and delivered something that was still recognisably him, but more suited to traditional superheroics. I think this dude has a big future. So yeah, this was a good issue, but I’m still not sure why it was a Zero Issue, but that doesn’t matter, it’s only a number!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: GL: New Guardians #0 (Not Movie-Zombies Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah, the preview that was released was fairly mediocre. Did it even have anything to do with Kyle trying to round-up the other Corps leaders to battle the Guardians ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand