Advertisement

New Nightwing Writer?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Ideal Nightwing writer?

Geoff Johns
14%
Marc Andreyko
57%
Greg Rucka
No votes
Will Pfeiffer
No votes
Marv Wolfman
29%

Total votes : 7

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

L Independant
25 To Life

Liked in: 0 post

Postby L Independant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:45 am

Punchy wrote:
I dunno, McDaniel was on the art.

Everyone except Alex Ross and Johns hate Hal
I think the first 39 issues are some of the best Bat-related issues ever. Dixon nailed what makes Nightwing cool right on the head. It really reads well from the first trade to the 4th (after the 4th, I got kinda bored with how things went).

Hal is...I dunno. There are a few brief moments when I have really liked him, but overall, I don't. Me, I prefer this guy:

John Stewart's my favorite, and I wish he were in the new Justice League of America comic, but I think they're going to go with Hal, and continue to play with the "I'm not ready to be back in the JLA" bit that Johns and Heinberg used in their JLA arc. :roll:
Last edited by L Independant on Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

algertman
cheese

Postby algertman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:49 am

Not Johns. They learned during IC you can only stretch the man so far.

I wouldn't mind Wolfman. I think he would be the best bet as far as saying "Sorry" to the fans over the last few years of pure crap they put out

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:55 am

algertman wrote:Not Johns. They learned during IC you can only stretch the man so far.

I wouldn't mind Wolfman. I think he would be the best bet as far as saying "Sorry" to the fans over the last few years of pure crap they put out
I'd give Wolfman a try. I really would. I never read his Teen Titans.

algertman
cheese

Postby algertman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:56 am

Keb wrote:Alex Ross loves old people.

I remember reading that he doesn't like Kyle Rayner, and doesn't paint him. I read Kingdom Come and realized that he doesn't like Kyle Rayner because he's too young for him to paint.

That wouldn't stop him. The man just draws people old looking. The man hires models to help him out on how certain poses. he needs to qui using older people. hell, when he goes to a convention I bet alot people who dress up would love it Ross took pictures of them to use for refrence

algertman
cheese

Postby algertman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 am

woznia17 wrote:I'd give Wolfman a try. I really would. I never read his Teen Titans.

His TT is very good

Though I doubt he would be as good as his old stuff, I doubt he has fallen as far as Claremont in terms in quality work

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 am

algertman wrote:
That wouldn't stop him. The man just draws people old looking. The man hires models to help him out on how certain poses. he needs to qui using older people. hell, when he goes to a convention I bet alot people who dress up would love it Ross took pictures of them to use for refrence
His Black Canary poster = :smt078

And Diana looks like Chyna.:smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

algertman
cheese

Postby algertman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:58 am

woznia17 wrote:His Black Canary poster = :smt078

And Diana looks like Chyna.:smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078

yeah, I have no problem with Wonder Woman looking like a Woman, but she looked to manly. Though his Aquaman and Batman a pure badass

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:03 am

algertman wrote:
yeah, I have no problem with Wonder Woman looking like a Woman, but she looked to manly. Though his Aquaman and Batman a pure badass
Batman looked chunky. Ross can't draw fit people.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 431 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:28 am

Alex Ross wouldn't know youth and vibrance if it jumped up and bit him in the ass!

Look at his paintings. They're very drab, even when they're supposed to be colourful.
SHABBA!

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:33 am

Keb wrote:Alex Ross wouldn't know youth and vibrance if it jumped up and bit him in the ass!

Look at his paintings. They're very drab, even when they're supposed to be colourful.
I've only rarely liked his work. It's a lot of hype, really.

I liked his cover to Superman: Forever, or whatever it was called. I liked Superman: Peace on Earth. And I liked his work with Lee on the Wizard cover.

trachman
Wishes he was as cool as Lord Simian

Postby trachman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:18 am

I like Alex Ross' work. Justice has been great so far. I thoink he can paint young people just look at some of the paintings he did for Spider-Man 2. Maybe he's just a little out touch with today's youth. Which is a fair criticism.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand