Monday, May 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Newsarama: Breaking Free from the Shackles of The Man?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am

Punchy wrote:
How is that dull? It's literally the opposite.

Death in comics is exciting!

There was a time in the early 2000's where almost every comic I read had some sort of death or another. I remember Magneto dying three times in two years and Captain America being killed off only to have him return the next month with absolutely no explanation given.

I was THIS CLOSE to dropping comics and moving on to some more satisfying hobby.

So, y'know, bring it on. Kill a bunch of characters. Woo.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Rockman wrote:I should have clarified

Is anyone surprised that this book was bad?

I mean it's so bad it gets Newsarama to engage in some honest reviews for a change.

I'm sure some people thought it'd be good.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Anyone who had the misfortune of reading Way's Wolverine should have known better.

Anyone who has ever read a comic written by Daniel Way period should have known better.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:27 pm

nietoperz wrote:No, this and Avengers Arena both look like extreme shit sandwiches.

The Bass is right, you do hate Marvel!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Log-Man wrote:
The Bass is right, you do hate Marvel!

Well, I don't buy any Marvel books. Apart from Daredevil. And Fantastic Four. Oh, and FF. Also, Hulk and Amazing Spider-Man. Other than them I don't buy any Marvel books.

Apart from Avengers. And Uncanny Avengers. And Hawkeye. And Young Avengers when it starts.

Yeah, No Marvel for me...

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Rockman wrote:Anyone who had the misfortune of reading Way's Wolverine should have known better.

Anyone who has ever read a comic written by Daniel Way period should have known better.

I liked his Nighthawk mini.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:09 pm

Way is a bad enough writer to write a few books at DC.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:28 am

Having just read it for myself Newsarama was unnecessarily harsh.

It deserved a 4/10.

leave a comment with facebook